DRO and some expensive health problems

Options
Try to fill DRO application form now, but so confused about medical expenses. Just had a dental implant 2 weeks ago and in around 6-8 months time I am going to get one more which cost £2600 in UK (probably around 1300 euros if abroad tickets included). Of course I have no these money now, and cant save during DRO period, so need to find who can lend me. Will I have problems because of this? It wasnt my decision I would be very happy do not pay these money I havent, but I visited few dentists (uk and abroad) and all repeated I have no choice. Cant really wait 12 months+ after DRO :(

So my question is: still I can apply for dro if I know I will need to get £2500 soon?

Comments

• fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    pliusas wrote: »
    Try to fill DRO application form now, but so confused about medical expenses. Just had a dental implant 2 weeks ago and in around 6-8 months time I am going to get one more which cost £2600 in UK (probably around 1300 euros if abroad tickets included). Of course I have no these money now, and cant save during DRO period, so need to find who can lend me. Will I have problems because of this? It wasnt my decision I would be very happy do not pay these money I havent, but I visited few dentists (uk and abroad) and all repeated I have no choice. Cant really wait 12 months+ after DRO :(

So my question is: still I can apply for dro if I know I will need to get £2500 soon?

That's going to be difficult.

How much are your debts in total at the moment?
  • pliusas
    pliusas Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    around £9000
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Then there are 2 options:

1. Put the DRO plans on hold. Stop paying the non-priorities and save for your dental work. After that's done, look at the whole thing again

2. Forget the dental work and do a DRO now.
  • pliusas
    Options
    sad :( I cant save anything with my income (there is no £50 left). And I already told about DRO for all my credit cards and bailiffs.
    So the only one option is to ask parents to take a credit card and pay for it and I will start to repay after them back after DRO?
  • fatbelly
    Options
    If a third party wants to pay for something on your behalf, that is up to them.

If they are doing it as a loan, it must be listed in the DRO and you are not allowed to repay it.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    I'm sorry, but you must have known about these debts when you had the implants done? It would have been better to take the cheaper option of dentures. Have you absolutely committed to having the other ones done, can you not simply cancel and take the cheaper option?

I would love to order an all singing, all dancing kitchen, but I can't afford it so I have not ordered it.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pliusas
    Options
    well singing kitchen is a luxury, but health isnt the same. I am still a young girl, I cant afford braces (I need them), but because it is a luxury I dont even thibking of them. But now we are talking about something else.
    And no, I didnt know. I did call in August to Payplan because I wanted DMP, but my salary reduced and I had no at least £100 left, so I was offered to go to DRO way. OK. At the same time I started to feel huge toothache. I was thinking 2nd band cost and will be ok. But not, my local dentist recommended only implant as a best option and told lots of negative points of cheaper dentures. He told it will be £2500 and I had to pay in 6 months. After xray he told very soon I have to do with the same with one more, because there is abscess as well, cant do anything else. Ok, no chance I could pay £2500. Visited all dentists around and all told the same story. But because of huge pain everyday, my expartner agreed to pay for 1 implant and one day I need to give it back (he is happy to wait for a year), but he isnt a millionaire, so we went abroad and I get an implant for 1000 euros. I had to sign I understand risk I get only one implant (dentist explained all risks if I am going to wait), but I couldnt afford to have both at once. So I was thinking maybe with some dentist letter it would be possible to borrow this amount. Now I see it will be no chance, so my best option my mum will get some credit card on her name and she will be happy to wait some time :(
    I am just unlucky everything happened on the same time.
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    Cant you have some treatment under the NHS for the short term then when your financial circumstances improve you can look at private treatment again?
  • pliusas
    Options
    I cant. I did try, and visited 4 different NHS dentists in UK and 1 abroad. All they agreed it would be wasting of money/time.

Seems I am going to send DRO application anyway.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    pliusas wrote: »
    I cant. I did try, and visited 4 different NHS dentists in UK and 1 abroad. All they agreed it would be wasting of money/time.

Seems I am going to send DRO application anyway.

Hi,

What stage are your debts at collection wise ?

Are they still with original creditor, gone to debt collection, any court action, county court judgements, further down the line than that ???
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure