Free Theatre & Concerts Tickets - Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• sheer_vanilla
    Options
    Has anyone been to Rock of Ages-I want to know do you have to go to box office to collect tickets? And was it busy -would hate to travel and not get in (but its a chance you take I know)

went on mon.. very packed theatre and long queues for the box office. show started at 7.40ish. i got in the queue at 7pm and when i finally got to the box office to hand over the showfilmfirst voucher for 2 tkts i saw they had plenty sitting in a stack. they were grand circle seats (right upstairs so not the best view - mainly the heads of the actors but free is free!). i suggest you go at least 45 mins before the show starts and you should be fine. finished at 10.15pm though as there was a 20 min interval.
  • commutergirl
    commutergirl Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 September 2011 at 3:19PM
    Options
    Thanks Sheer_Vanilla for the info.

I work locally so should get ther nice and early but my friend has to travel (so didn't want her to have wasted trip).
  • grant1256
    Options
    Hi, me and my husband saw rock of ages last friday 5.30 performance yes there was a queue but didn't take long we didn't get there till 5.10 and still in plenty time for the start seats row m in stalls. So just goes to show it does not always pay to get there early thinking you will get good seats. Enjoy show I did watch out for the lead actor - great voice
  • commutergirl
    Options
    I took Sheer_vanilla's advice and got there 45 min early and we had seats in row e in the stalls....so was well chuffed.

Mind you anywhere in the stalls would have been good as the theatre is not massive, just not the first row as I am sure those people had neck ache looking up to the stage.
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15104352

Is it why they are giving them away??

Seeing tmw!!! Free so can't complain!!!!
  • commutergirl
    Options
    Rock of Ages has not had good reviews from citics, but what do they know. When I went the audience loved it and were singing along at times. iI would definitely go again. Apparently audiences are giving it a thumbs up despite the critics.
  • megs112
    Options
    Any other codes for ROA floating around??
    Thanks so much!
    x
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rock of Ages has not had good reviews from citics, but what do they know. When I went the audience loved it and were singing along at times. iI would definitely go again. Apparently audiences are giving it a thumbs up despite the critics.
    I got a seat in the stalls near the front so am pleased as hate heights!! Somebody here suggested getting to the box office 45 mins before which I did.

The band, the main players and some of the songs were good. Enjoyed some of the effects and some of the comedy. Story was a bit lame though.

Thanks SFF and MSE
  • stormy-weathers
    Options
    Hi All

Did anyone get what i got on the Rock Of ages tickets.
    Original email said the tickets was for tomorrow ( friday 7th October)
    but the ticket confirmation says Thursday 13th October.
    I sent an email to them about it as i don't know if they are for tomorrow or the 13th.
    Did anyone have similar problems?
  • Art_Vandelay_2
    Options
    Hi All

Did anyone get what i got on the Rock Of ages tickets.
    Original email said the tickets was for tomorrow ( friday 7th October)
    but the ticket confirmation says Thursday 13th October.
    I sent an email to them about it as i don't know if they are for tomorrow or the 13th.
    Did anyone have similar problems?

Exactly the same here - emailed but no reply as of yet.
    Confused.com!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport