PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I came here to go to uni and never left. I love it :)
    Can't leave now anyway as I'm married to a scouser :D

I deliberately never lost my Liverpool accent, left there at 18, newcastle, wales lakes etc. I suppose it was a toned down accent but very recogniseable and when I got a teaching job in a `tough` area in s wales, then my accent was invaluable. The teenagers thought I was really `hard` because of the accent and the Liverpool ways :D

I had the best sleep last night, no hip/knee/leg ache, ached for weeks every single night, really bad. I pulled the electric underblanket off yesterday and suddenly my legs felt fine. Doh, it was those wires, couldn`t really feel them with my hand but obviously pressed into me all night. It is going after a week or so to one side. I need to to be sure but am pretty sure it was that. What price a good nights sleep

I have re-started MK combined with early spring cleaning, the skirtings etc
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I worked in Birkenhead for a couple of years - lived in Chester. I still say "wirched in Berchen-ed" (with a long k sound rather than Ch.) and I still say someone is 'nesh'

Still kondoing stuff going back into the study. Found DS's nursery book on Sunday "J played with the trains today; J played with the trains with Johnny today; J did a puzzle today - it was the train one;" :rotfl: And, significantly "J told us his news and HE DIDN'T MENTION TRAINS"..:rotfl: 15 or so years on J does still like his trains - but doesn't admit it to his mates. And the book is staying
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Energy levels improving and had a good day yesterday. Bag of rags dropped of at CS, video tapes went to tip but they're in the sale shed at the mo. Couldn't find a freezer basket but there's a bigger community tip a few miles away so will try there. Two magazines and a book dropped of for a friend who was babysitting a poorly DGS for her DiL and had no reading matter. I also managed to clear out the dead geraniums from my planters and replant with the 50 tulip bulbs that had started to sprout! Better late than never - in my defence I did have a nasty virus in December and by the time I felt anywhere near fit the weather was awful - so there!
    I need to get out now to sort out the cane supports for my blackberry and loganberries as they're all a mess - have decided not to grow potatoes in pots this year - I never seem to get a very good crop, none that really worthwhile so sticking with veg that I do better with - a sort of kondo!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I came here to go to uni and never left. I love it :)

Can't leave now anyway as I'm married to a scouser :D
    kittie wrote: »
    I suppose it was a toned down accent but very recogniseable and when I got a teaching job in a `tough` area in s wales, then my accent was invaluable. The teenagers thought I was really `hard` because of the accent and the Liverpool ways :D
    VJsmum wrote: »
    I worked in Birkenhead for a couple of years - lived in Chester. I still say "wirched in Berchen-ed" (with a long k sound rather than Ch.) and I still say someone is 'nesh'

The accent's very distinctive, isn't it :D I've never kondoed it entirely, though because I've lived away for so long, I just have the flat northern "a" left. I put it on again occasionally, mostly to amuse small children :D Though its surprising the number of people in my ancestral family who hardly have an accent - broken families split up, internal migration, that sort of thing.

Birkenhead is the one name I can't pronounce in received speech - it *has* to be Berrkkkken'ead. Anything else sounds silly :D

Sorry for the diversion, folks! At least it can be passed over pretty quickly ...
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I finished my cleaning portion for the day, deep cleaning and in silence, all paintwork etc. Did another 2 bedrooms and landing and staircase today. Pacing myself as it is tiring hard work. I like silence, me and my thoughts. I need to go to the tip tomorrow, I have tins of wood hardener etc from doing the wooden retaining wall 2 years ago. Won`t need them again. Nothing much kondoed in the house but am trying hard to empty a spray bottle of window cleaner, I prefer water, window liquid and karching. Also I have an excess of granite cleaner, using one of them on metal such as ss light switches, with good results
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have been moving the stuff in my house around and so I kondoed a lot of dust into the bin as it was behind some of the heavier furniture.:o

The binmen did come and collect the rubbish from the bins, finally.:T
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    Grey Queen can I ask your recycling knowledge ?
    The large 10 litre plastic paint pot is empty now, can I put it in normal domestic black bin or better still in brown plastics bin?
    I know paint can't go in but if it's empty? :o
    :) If you wash it up, it can go in the recycling bin.

Our authority has a list of definately non-recyclables, a list of welcome recyclables and a so-so list of things which are recyclable but we don't particularly want them as they're low value plastics. Clean paint pots, sweetie/ biscuit tubs and flowerpots fall into the so-so category here, and prolly where you live as well.

Well done on kondo-ing a big tub of paint, it's a major gap when something that size leaves, isn't it? Very pleasing.

Been to w*rk today (scuse my Klatchian ;)) but had taken a donation bag out with me as a convo yesterday afternoon at my fave chazzer revealed they were running a bit low on clothes. Dropped them off on the way home. I truffled three things out of my wardrobe; a lovely wool jacket, which someone else kondo'd to me, a lined skirt which I don't wear, and a light jacket I bought from the same chazzer a couple of years ago and which I've worn twice.

All are in immaculate condition and should make a few £££ and I won't have them cluttering up my hanging rail, which is just under 3 ft wide. Win-win!

:p A pal texted me to say he's got the option on a 2nd hand compost Dalek for £3, did I still want one? Yup. Should be up on the lottie in the near future. Thank heavens for kind and resourceful friends.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    GQ How big a squadron of Daleks will you have with rhe new recruit? We've got 4 :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    GQ How big a squadron of Daleks will you have with rhe new recruit? We've got 4 :)
    :D Show off!

This will be only the second. The original was given to me by another plotholder over a decade ago and is still going strong. It's one of the basic black ones. Pal's text says this is a large Dalek, so mebbe one of the bigger green ones? I will meet it at some point in the next few days.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Took 4 more garments to CS this morning between jobs. I had put them to one side a couple of months ago and forgotten them. I was thinking of asking my friend to alter them as I have shrunk :) but looked at them yester and realised they have been too big for over a year and haven't been worn or missed in all that time!
    While I was in CS I bought another jumper for my lovely client who had requested same. It is her birthday at the weekend but her son and daughter cannot visit until afterwards so i am going to do a mini tea party for her and a couple of her friends. That will kondo some paper plates and napkins :rotfl:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport