Dreams and wishes....

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just set up a 2.5% one year regular saving account with Santander.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh that's good. Well done.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Kittikins
    Options
    What a lovely weekend! Finally got MissKitty the right size jeggings and paid them off my Next account straight away.

We had a cute time cuddling my friend's two kitties, who thankfully have recovered from their recent illness. We watched a couple of films, one possibly a bit more sweary than a child should have been watching, but it was sooooo funny at the same time that I let it slip as the words themselves weren't too bad, just the frequency!

We ate our body weight in pizza and ice cream, laughed and joked and slept like logs.

Yesterday, we picked KW up, and went bowling. I won an hour's family bowling at my school fete's silent auction and snuck in water and choccy bars to keep our energy going, lol. KW trounced us, winning 2 out of 3 games, but we put up a good defence. He also made us a scrumptious picnic which we sat and ate in a park afterwards, before DD treated us all to gelato and we wandered through the town, looking at lovely books and things, whilst enjoying the sunshine.

I needed coffee before I'd be safe to drive, so KW bought us all drinks and cake; MissKitty and I shared the most delicious cheesecake with berries on, so surely 1 of our 5 a day there?!? :) Then we dropped him off home and got back for dinner.

I spent less money than I would have, thanks to the picnic, taking treats, and being treated, but am glad I'm not out today. My car's off for a service in an hour, so I'll be confined to barracks with MissKitty.
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Just opened another monthly savings account; I have various current accounts with 3 different banks, so am going to try and get one with each :)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am really glad you enjoyed yourself and you saved money too. Well done on opening savings accounts. Weather is glorious here. I'm enjoying my last two days of freedom. :j
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Transferred £1.52 as my mechanic very kindly rounded down his bill to a round £165 for my service, and as another garage wouldn't have done that, I put the 'savings' into my fund. Then I transferred the extra 48p from my car fund into savings, so that I have a round £ figure in the car fund! So all in all, I have moved £2 across ;):):)

Apart from that, I've been starting the arduous task of planning for next academic year, drowning in stuff.....feeling meh as my feelings are very hurt by things my parents said or didn't say today, and then I had an apology from one of them which it turns out, was only given because MissKitty asked them to, and even then, the apology wasn't for the words which had hurt, but for something which I knew was a joke, as it's been a long-running one.

I need my own place for me and DD.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Sorry to hear your parents have left you feeling so down kk (((hugs))). It can be very difficult living with parents at any age.

Its good to hear you had such a lovely time kitty sitting and bowling / picnicking with KW. I suppose its too soon for you to move in together and save even more money ? Sorry if that's too personal you don't have to answer.

Well done on the money saving, every penny adds up !
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kittikins
    Options
    At the moment, it might be too complicated for us to live together, his jobs are all quite a way from me, and I need to be in a very small radius of DD's school as public transport is non existent and the school bus fees are obscenely huge.

We are thinking of it as a medium term plan and now I know miss kitty is fine with him, I'm more inclined to move our timetable along a bit. But, I have painful memories of living with my ex husband for years before we got married just before DD was born and then everything was over in a flash. I'm just feeling low and need some DD or
    kw hugs to put me right.

It'll blow over, it always does and in the meantime I'll keep looking on Rightmove....
  • Kittikins
    Options
    Transferred 70p from one bank account and 90p from another into savings. Wish my banks would do this automatically for me - I know some do, but none of mine offer it. Never mind, I tend to check my accounts every day anyway.

To do list for today:
    * Let lovely friend who invited us to stay this weekend know that we can't make it, due to something already in the diary :(
    * Let KW know that I've booked a table for when we take my parents out for lunch.
    * Look for DD's voucher for her driving experience, I've put it in a "safe place".....
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully it will blow over with your parents. Focus on the fact you are saving some money and that it is only for the short term. Every extra day of stress will mean extra savings for a nice place for you. Sending you big hugs.

I know what work prep is like! Bleh. I'm doing it too, in total ive done it for 3 weeks this holiday and I am nowhere near done!

I hope you find the vouchers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family