Struggling to get internet access on LG TV with VM

Options
I moved recently nearby and took my LG smart TV with me. I have a new VM connection in flat and a new hub and new V6 box. VM splitter leads plug into VM hub and V6 TV box. TV is connected to V6 box via HDMI cable. VM TV package is working, and tablet and laptop internet access via WiFi is working.

Cannot get TV to run even built in apps like Netflix and iplayer over WiFi. Just reports "network is not connected (error 106) " . I have gone into TV settings and input VM details but still get network unavailable error.

In my last place the hub was on the floor above the TV box and all worked fine over WiFi. Here hub and V6 TV box are next to each other , and to TV, and cannot get Netflix etc to work due to network is not connected error. Anyone else had this.?

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try going into the TV's network settings, and deleting any WiFi networks that it has saved. Then go back in and connect fresh, to the VM router. Does it find the WiFi network? Does the password or WPS work? Where does it fail?
  • littlerock
    littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It does not accept VM network password. Just crashes out with a network not found
    (-106) message when it is input..
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the TV is close to the VM hub can’t you connect using an Ethernet cable?
  • Neil_Jones
    Options
    littlerock wrote: »
    It does not accept VM network password. Just crashes out with a network not found
    (-106) message when it is input..
    BarGin wrote: »
    If the TV is close to the VM hub can’t you connect using an Ethernet cable?

Or log into the Virgin router admin panel and change the password to something the TV likes?

Although of course its far more likely that the OP has mistyped their password - 0 (zero) instead of O, 1 (one) instead of the letter I, 2 (two) instead of a Z etc. Some labels aren't particularly helpful with their choice of font either...
  • Bigphil1474
    Options
    OP, I used to connect my LG TV via Wi-Fi when I was with PlusNet, but when I went to VM, I found it worked better with an Ethernet cable. No idea why, but the easiest fix.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure