£1 summer National Express coach fares

Options
13»

Comments

• bamboozled2
    bamboozled2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant! Thanks very much, I've just booked a family day out to london, 4 adults -£40 return.
    I could have booked it for £8, but know my lot won't get up early enough to catch a very early bus - which would just mean loads of stress for me -:(
  • iMacThere4iAm
    Options
    Woohoo, that just made getting to the airport for my holiday this summer so much cheaper!
  • suzyoz
    suzyoz Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Whilst I fully support Grandads geographical observation, I must be forced to point out that "available throughout the UK/GB" is a bit of an overstatement...

So... Agreed. They give very few options for destinations - ie. 1! I tried from several start locations (stretched to 50 mile radius of my Start!) and was only offered London from the drop down menu! Great for city slickers and students I would imagine, but not so good for the rest of us...
    Unless of course i've done something really silly and i'm moaning for no good reason :D

Hillarious that the two messages previous to mine are positive!!! Heehee...
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just tried London to Aberdeen. Clicked on the £1 fare. Tried for 3 people and it says funfare £66. Changed it to 2 people and now says £2. Strange :confused:
    Just skimmed the small print but cant see anything about booking for more than 2 people !
  • iMacThere4iAm
    Options
    suzyoz wrote: »
    Whilst I fully support Grandads geographical observation, I must be forced to point out that "available throughout the UK/GB" is a bit of an overstatement...

So... Agreed. They give very few options for destinations - ie. 1! I tried from several start locations (stretched to 50 mile radius of my Start!) and was only offered London from the drop down menu! Great for city slickers and students I would imagine, but not so good for the rest of us...
    Unless of course i've done something really silly and i'm moaning for no good reason :D

Hillarious that the two messages previous to mine are positive!!! Heehee...
    It would seem that National Express coaches mainly go to and from London. If you want to go somewhere else, better travel another way!
  • greencode
    greencode Posts: 401 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got mine last night from Leicester to London in August (Friday to Tuesday) and with the Quidco cashback I'll be getting a return for £1.40!!!
  • mayrouge
    Options
    Will only let me go to London from my bus station a bit useless when wanting to go in the opposite direction to Edinburgh
  • iMacThere4iAm
    Options
    You can apparently get on and off at stops in between the start & end of your ticket. So mayrouge, for example, could get a £1 ticket from London to Edinburgh, but get on at their usual stop.
    It's worth looking up anyway.
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Lugh_Chronain Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This offer has now been extended to 17 August 2008.

Check out their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport