Options
13»

Comments

• seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 22 November 2019 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Surely you are not proposing to drive home when exhausted after a 14-hour flight! That is the height of irresponsibility, particularly with a toddler in the car.

why not? I'm a passenger on the plane. I'm not actually flying the plane. If the pilot can fly a plane for 14 hours. I can drive a car for 1hr.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    why not? I'm a passenger on the plane. I'm not actually flying the plane. If the pilot can fly a plane for 14 hours. I can drive a car for 1hr.

After that flight you will be sleepy. See what the law says about driving in that condition:

http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/driving-whilst-tired.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tiredness-can-kill-advice-for-drivers
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After that flight you will be sleepy. See what the law says about driving in that condition:

http://www.safermotoring.co.uk/driving-whilst-tired.html

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tiredness-can-kill-advice-for-drivers

You don't know he'll be sleepy - you made that up.
    We've had this convo before; from personal experience i can get between 6 and 9 hours sleep on a longhaul flight which often exceeds the amount I get at home, I usually only need about 6 hours. The OP may be similar to me, everyone is different.

'The law' says nothing about driving when tired;

from your 1st link:
    'There isn't a specific law that states that it is an offence to drive when you are tired'

and from the 2nd:
    'Facts about driving and tiredness when you have a medical condition'
    The OP has not mentioned a medical condition.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    T4 Long Stay, £87 for your dates, not to shabby for 2 weeks and certainly not such a price to make all the schlepping from T2/T3 with luggage and a baby worthwhile.

Direct through the Heathrow website.
    Wasn't this in the OP?
    long stay t4 car parking was always pricy and now the curveball means I can't actually book a slot in for my dates 4-12 to 18-12.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    Wasn't this in the OP?

long stay t4 car parking was always pricy and now the curveball means I can't actually book a slot in for my dates 4-12 to 18-12.

Yes, it was, but that turned out to not be the case as the dates are available on those dates, booking direct through Heathrow, for £87. I don't know where OP was looking for parking but those dates at that price are still available today.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • seatbeltnoob
    edited 23 November 2019 at 5:19PM
    Options
    Yes, it was, but that turned out to not be the case as the dates are available on those dates, booking direct through Heathrow, for £87. I don't know where OP was looking for parking but those dates at that price are still available today.

Sorry if i wasnt clear enough, what I meant to say was its not available to me at an affordable amount. £87 is too expensive for me. I thought it would be clear on the billion replies afterwards. I didn't look at heathrow.com looked at various other comparison sites and they only offered meet and greet services for £105-£120. Which is too pricey for me, I saw some park and go services advertised for £65 on terminal 4 a few weeks ago but these are gone. I wouldn't have paid £87 for t4 parking in any case. It seems to be a little known secret that you can use a different parking to the terminal you need. Purple car parks are located on site, the t2 purple parking car park is just 3.4 miles away from t4.

It's easy to transfer between terminals (and also free)
    https://www.heathrow.com/airport-guide/getting-around-heathrow/travel-between-terminals

I'm surprised this tip isn't lauded on a money saving forum and dismissed so much. It only costs 15 more minutes on average to transfer between terminals.
  • koalakoala
    Options
    I don't think I'd bother going if I had to scrimp that much!
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    Quick update,

the process was a lot more simple than I thought, it is only a small inconvenience and probably adds 15 to 20 minutes to your trip.

There is a free shuttle service from purple car parks which is 10 minutes from t2. As soon as you get onto t2 you;ll see the london underground sign. Just go in and follow the signs to t4 transfer, the walk within the airport transfer station is a bit long but there are luggage trollys available if you need them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure