heathrow terminal 4 long stay parking woes

Options

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would would not dismiss the idea of the tube. It's not that difficult with luggage and taking a car to a long stay car park and then a bus or tube connection to your terminal is not ideal. I imagine this is going to take at least as long as the Piccadilly line journey.

How much would it cost to get a taxi to the airport and be picked up afterwards? This is going to be most convenient.
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    I would would not dismiss the idea of the tube. It's not that difficult with luggage and taking a car to a long stay car park and then a bus or tube connection to your terminal is not ideal. I imagine this is going to take at least as long as the Piccadilly line journey.

How much would it cost to get a taxi to the airport and be picked up afterwards? This is going to be most convenient.

It's just personal preferance, I have a 14h flight on return (direct flight). I don't want the hassle of public transport. On the return flight we'll just take an uber to the long stay car park and set off).

I've spoken with purple car parks. There is a heathrow hoppa service that will take me from t2 long stay car park to t4 for £10.50 return.

Depending on how I'm doing for time, I'll either take free transit to t2 and then free transfer from t2 to t4. If I am short of time I'll use an uber or airport hoppa service.

It won't be an issue. I'll drop off the luggage with my missues on the trolley who will have our toddler on a baby carrier. Then I'll park up the car and make my way back to t4.

I'm paying £46 for the parking in t2 long stay. I don't mind saving the money to spend on nicer accomodation at the destination.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm paying £46 for the parking in t2 long stay. I don't mind saving the money to spend on nicer accomodation at the destination.

How much nicer accommodation will that £20 or £30 saved get you?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pay a family member / mate £20 or what ever to take you drop off, and then collect you??
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 22 November 2019 at 3:27PM
    Options
    How much nicer accommodation will that £20 or £30 saved get you?

More like £40. Every penny counts. You even said in your own post the best price you can get for t4 is £87. I'm paying £46. So the saving is £41. How did you drop the difference down to £20-£30?

It's really not an issue, I've done the research. I'll be just outside the heathrow perimeter. I'll drop off all the luggage I can't handle on my own at the t4 departures. Then take free transport to t4.

I'd take a £40 saving any day for a 30 minute inconvenience.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Options
    More like £40. Every penny counts. You even said in your own post the best price you can get for t4 is £87. I'm paying £46. So the saving is £41. How did you drop the difference down to £20-£30?

From your own post lol
    I've spoken with purple car parks. There is a heathrow hoppa service that will take me from t2 long stay car park to t4 for £10.50 return.

Depending on how I'm doing for time, I'll either take free transit to t2 and then free transfer from t2 to t4. If I am short of time I'll use an uber or airport hoppa service.

Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • seatbeltnoob
    Options
    the keyword being IF.

The t2 longstay comes with free transfer to t2.

There is free airport transfer operated by heathrow between all terminals.

Even if I do take the paid option. It would be £30 saving at least. How did you get down to £20.

Fudging the numbers to make your case stronger?

Most likely I'll use the free method.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Pay a family member / mate £20 or what ever to take you drop off, and then collect you??

did you read the OP? especially para 1?
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's just personal preferance, I have a 14h flight on return (direct flight). I don't want the hassle of public transport. On the return flight we'll just take an uber to the long stay car park and set off).

Surely you are not proposing to drive home when exhausted after a 14-hour flight! That is the height of irresponsibility, particularly with a toddler in the car.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,110 Forumite
    Options
    benjus wrote: »
    If there's a Europcar branch near you and you could pick up a car the day before your flight, this might be an option for the way out:

https://www.europcar.co.uk/deals/one-way-uk.step

Then for the way back you could take a taxi.

Sorry to hijack the thread.... do you know how far in advance they load the availability for this? I'm considering it for a trip in February as it would work great for me going to Heathrow. I know they say its subject to vehicle availability, but from where I am there is availability TO Heathrow every week up until the first week of January.

Just wondering how far in advance they put them on... weighing up the fact that if I wait and can't get a £1 Europcar then the train tickets might have rocketed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure