Help please fined for riding my bike what do i do

Options
Hello I need some help,
I don't normally ride my bike in this area but for some reason I was in a world of my own, and came out of a shop, and got my bike and got on it. Started to ride, but got stopped by some boy that works for kingdom enforcement. I would of stopped myself. But was too late, he was fall of his self, and said I was riding and it's against the law to be doing so at these times. I said what about those people he said I'm dealing with you and ignored me. I said those guys could stop them, but he wasn't interested and basically gave me a £60 to £80 fine! Yes I made a few second mistake, but I honestly didn't think, I don't normally ride on there any way, and every one always rides on it, so didn't think. And the signs ain't dotted in lots of locations, just at two areas front of the street and back, but not for everyone to see. I did get high ratted and moan, and I said il just get back
On my bike then, instead of him saying don't do that other wise we will stop you, he thought he would be the big man, and follow me and harras me, and it was very intimidating and I was very scared being harassed like that followed! You could tell I wasn't going to get on my bike. So I shouted and said stop falling me etc, he said he isn't but he was, he !!!!ed me off. So I question one of his mates who also works with him, and he said that I done wrong have to pay, I said but why have so many people gone past and you guys ignored them, they didn't seem bothered. I felt like they where targeting me because I was a girl, as most guys riding past didn't get stopped. I see one man get stopped, and he told him off and said don't do it again, but didn't give him a fine! How is that fair, I even said to this guy his friend is harnessing me watching me and it's wrong, and he was sitting on a bench staring at me which a grin, i said all these people going past and his ignoring them and he could stop them, but his too busy watching me even though I was talking to another guy. I'm worried about this, him following me, like that, as his got my address as well. How can you fine some people and not others by doing the same thing! And then to continue to follow me. That's not on, surly, how do I get out of paying this fine, as I have no job and no money, and it's worrying me. Please someone help me with advice please

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello I need some help,
    I don't normally ride my bike in this area but for some reason I was in a world of my own, and came out of a shop, and got my bike and got on it. Started to ride, but got stopped by some boy that works for kingdom enforcement. I would of stopped myself. But was too late, he was fall of his self, and said I was riding and it's against the law to be doing so at these times. I said what about those people he said I'm dealing with you and ignored me. I said those guys could stop them, but he wasn't interested and basically gave me a £60 to £80 fine! Yes I made a few second mistake, but I honestly didn't think, I don't normally ride on there any way, and every one always rides on it, so didn't think. And the signs ain't dotted in lots of locations, just at two areas front of the street and back, but not for everyone to see. I did get high ratted and moan, and I said il just get back
    On my bike then, instead of him saying don't do that other wise we will stop you, he thought he would be the big man, and follow me and harras me, and it was very intimidating and I was very scared being harassed like that followed! You could tell I wasn't going to get on my bike. So I shouted and said stop falling me etc, he said he isn't but he was, he !!!!ed me off. So I question one of his mates who also works with him, and he said that I done wrong have to pay, I said but why have so many people gone past and you guys ignored them, they didn't seem bothered. I felt like they where targeting me because I was a girl, as most guys riding past didn't get stopped. I see one man get stopped, and he told him off and said don't do it again, but didn't give him a fine! How is that fair, I even said to this guy his friend is harnessing me watching me and it's wrong, and he was sitting on a bench staring at me which a grin, i said all these people going past and his ignoring them and he could stop them, but his too busy watching me even though I was talking to another guy. I'm worried about this, him following me, like that, as his got my address as well. How can you fine some people and not others by doing the same thing! And then to continue to follow me. That's not on, surly, how do I get out of paying this fine, as I have no job and no money, and it's worrying me. Please someone help me with advice please
    Yes, we can't have any ' harnessing' going on.
    Save that for another forum. :D
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    What do you mean save it for another forum, I am asking about a fine, and harrasing
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm sorry but I found that very hard to read, and the actual issue isn't clear.

Did you start cycling on the pavement, and get stopped and fined for that?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kingdom Enforcement are notorious private security goons with a track record of overstepping the mark when trying to screw money out of people for the most preposterous reasons.

If they were acting for a council, then you probably have grounds for a strong complaint, possibly involving the ombudsman if they can't resolve it but if they were working for a private interest, then I would be giving them and their local security licensing authority a right rocket!

The one thing I hope you didn't do was give them your personal details?
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SO you did wrong, you then gobbed off at the enforcement officers and are surprised that they fined you :rotfl:

Either a) don't pay and wait for the court summons or b) cancel your Virgin Media (that you can afford although you've no job/money)
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    Sorry my grammar is rubbish and spellings, I basically got stopped and fined for a two second mistake, yet others went on and they didn't stop them, they can't fine some, and the he followed me and to make sure I don't get on again! That's harrasement
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    Does it matter, if I still pay my virgin bill, it's nothing to do with the fine! You can't cancel a fixed contract for a 18months! Always one isn't there
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    And I gobbled off due to how he was towards me! Understandable
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    Sadly yes I did, give them my address, my mistake, but I don't know how to get out of it, due to how they where towards me. And how he harrased me by following me, surly that's not right
  • Kimbergirl111
    Options
    I mean gobbed off
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills