edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Public Transport & Cycling
59 replies 11.9K views
12346»

Replies

• discat11discat11 Forumite
    511 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    To be fair you did admit you had stated to the enforcement officer 'I'll just get back on my bike then'.
    You can hardly blame him for then following you, especially if he's on commission for fines (as others have said on this thread).
    Following you after you'd already committed one offence when you had stated you intended to commit another offence is actually what his employer would expect him to do.

If you felt he was acting in any way above what his duties were then of course report him to his employer & the council.

If you hadn't already threatened to commit another offence you might have more of a case for that though.
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there an offence "giving cyclists a bad name"? Are you the one that rides up the inside at traffic lights & rests their arm on my roof? Or are you the one that rides up my inside when I am already indicating left and screams obscene things in my childs hearing because I am obstructing you. All the above give cyclists a bad name & are the reason many motorists don't like you! Get over yourself & pay up & learn not to be a **********.
  • Norman_CastleNorman_Castle Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    badmemory wrote: »
    Is there an offence "giving cyclists a bad name"? Are you the one that rides up the inside at traffic lights & rests their arm on my roof? Or are you the one that rides up my inside when I am already indicating left and screams obscene things in my childs hearing because I am obstructing you. All the above give cyclists a bad name & are the reason many motorists don't like you! Get over yourself & pay up & learn not to be a **********.
    Are you the drunk, speeding motorists who flattens a queue of people at a bus stop while texting? Probably not but you're a motorist so I'll blame you anyway.
    I'm not a cat.
  • esuhlesuhl Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmemory wrote: »
    Is there an offence "giving cyclists a bad name"?

Is there an offence of "giving drivers a bad name"?

Or is it automatically assumed that all drivers are ******s?
  • bratbrat Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some cyclists do give all cyclists a bad name. It happens. But it's completely lazy, delinquent thinking, typically exhibited by a group who are looking for reasons to abuse another group to which they have no affiliation.

As Norman so perfectly expresses above...
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
  • scd3scd4scd3scd4 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Ride off and let him take your registration number.
  • Laz123Laz123 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I like talking to myself too....
  • custardycustardy Forumite
    38K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ladydee!!!!!

Like I said I gobbed off because of how he was to me!!! He was very rude towards me!!!!! So why should I allow that! Clearly this site is a lot of rubbish!! As I have been citizen advice, and they said he is in wrong!!!! You don't fine one and not he other! You don't harras and follow someone, regardless!!!! He see I didn't cause problem! But he targeted me!!!!!! No one in there right mind would stand there allowing someone to talk to you the way he did, so before you defend him!!! Consider how he spoke to me! As it's wrong! Maybe then you will understand why I acted the way I acted! I was calm from the start! And he allowed others to carry on that was causing more danger! He clearly only targeted me because I was female, then carried on harassing me! So no I'm not in the wrong!!!!

So how does the Citizens advice advise one person to stop and fine multiple people at once?
    Have they advised the Police of their daily errors in such cases?

Didnt this all start with you cycling on the pavement?.....
  • TyreLeverTyreLever Forumite
    212 Posts
    100 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Sorry my grammar is rubbish and spellings, I basically got stopped and fined for a two second mistake, yet others went on and they didn't stop them, they can't fine some, and the he followed me and to make sure I don't get on again! That's harrasement

When people go fishing, do they catch literally ALL the fish in the sea?
    Sometimes my advice may not be great, but I'm not perfect and I do try my best. Please take this into account.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides