IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd

Options
Hi
After successfully fighting a Lidl ticket I'm now back for advice about a ticket my wife got.
The company is called Civil Enforcement Ltd. My wife parked in a car park but the ticket machine wasn't working and hasn't worked for sometime apparently. There was an alternative option to pay by phone which she couldn't take up as she only had cash.
Any chance of getting ticket cancelled.
Cheers

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the info you require is in the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum

follow the BPA member advice , starting with the blue text appeal
  • classix
    classix Posts: 48 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes i read through that post but i was looking for was to tackle the same way i did with the Lidl ticket by contacting QD who's car park it is
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    yes, always try to get a landowner cancellation and there is a sticky thread about successful complaints

but , do not take your eye off the ball, you must appeal it within 28 days for BPA members and 21 days for IPC members, UNLESS you get it cancelled in writing

so yes try for a landowner cancellation within the first 19 days , but ensure it is appealed before the deadline expires
  • classix
    Options
    Does anyone know that the email for the ceo of QD?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    classix wrote: »
    Does anyone know that the email for the ceo of QD?

I just put email for the ceo of QD into google and the first item in the search results list had the answer.

Could you perhaps try that?
  • classix
    Options
    What is Google and how do i find it
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    What is Google and how do i find it

Are you serious?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • classix
    Options
    Sarcasm mate.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    Options
    Sarcasm mate.

Not sure it’s going to help you much here ...... mate!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • classix
    Options
    Some interesting responses! For a forum that is trying to help people some of the comments feel quite negative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure