IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Lee Valley Velopark - Help please

Options

Comments

• mark306
    mark306 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've spoken to our running club chairman and apparently the club paid a considerable fee to use their facilities and 12 parking spaces, none of which were used. We were supposed to register our car reg with reception.

I could tell a porky pie and say I did do that (but that doesn't sit to well with me). Or I can just state the facts and ask if they can help, which is my prefered approach.

Will let you know how it goes.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, say that you were unaware of any such requirement. That's true, and not your fault. And he/she can exempt you now.

Remind the manager of the money paid and tell them this has seriously pis*zed you all off at the running club and is putting you off ever using their facility again. Ask politely that he/she cancels this and then all will be well, and next time you will ensure that drivers are all made aware of any requirement to register a VRN to exempt it from parking charges.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mark306
    Options
    Thanks - message sent.
  • mark306
    Options
    So this was his reply. Worth persuing ?

Thank you for sharing the information below.

The VeloPark car park is operated and managed by Parking Eye, therefore all appeals must go directly through them.

Prior to the event I liaised with x and advised that he had to provide all registration details in advance of the event in order to avoid them getting a fine. There wasn’t a system in place for people to come to reception on the day and enter their registration details.

I understand that you paid £8 to use the car park but as your stated, this only entitles you to a maximum stay of 2 hours and you exceeded this by 40 minutes, therefore a fine was issued.

I’m sorry that I can’t be of more help and I would still recommend that you appeal to Parking Eye and explain the purpose of your visit.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 11 July 2017 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Reply and say:

Dear xxxxx,

Thankyou for the swift acknowledgement of this complaint. I am aware of that now (the need to register my VRN in advance) but not at the time, it was not drawn to my attention and no signs told us anything different.

I am asking you to please use the contact email/phone number in your User Manual, which I understand is issued by ParkingEye to all clients, to cancel PCNs for genuine patrons. I understand from thorough research of their horrendous business practices, that this dreadful firm will not cancel on appeal unless you support the matter. All I am asking is that you please contact them to confirm that we were patrons and to add this VRN retrospectively as exempt that day, to cancel this PCN as a one-off. This is apparently the norm with ParkingEye contracts and some sites ring them every day to cancel similar unfair charges, using the contact details provided for that purpose.

To be clear - I have appealed but need your back up too, please.

I hope I have misunderstood your position but if you are refusing to do this on this one occasion for us, we certainly will not use the facility again in the future. No patron expects to be fined £100 and to be then refused the basic support of the facility manager onsite, who we know (from our research about the notoriously litigious ParkingEye) can cancel these charges easily on a case by case basis, to protect patrons from being sued. That is how this awful system 'works' apparently (not that customers are informed on any sign or in any terms that they can get their PCN cancelled by onsite management).

Maybe it hasn't been made very clear to yourselves either but contact details will be in the User Manual, in the form of a client email contact and/or phone number for this purpose.

Please support the appeal I have already made. We have done all we can and are just asking for your support. It would be a shame to taint what was a fantastic day.
  • mark306
    Options
    Thank-you Coupon-man (and others). I really appreciate your help on this, regardless of outcome.

I've sent the email let's see what he comes back with...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I am a coupon-lady! :)
  • mark306
    Options
    Whops ☺️ Thank you coupon-lady !
  • mark306
    Options
    No reply from the manager.

I'm thinking of throwing in the towel and paying the £60.

What do you rate my chances of getting this cancelled via a POPLA appeal ?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You only sent it on Tuesday! Give him a chance.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure