IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County court claim for parking please help

Options

Comments

• That's fine. You can just record that. You need to include a section near the start.

This statement is made from facts within my own knowledge and belief, save where indicated otherwise where information has become known to me.

That covers information not known at the time of the ticket but learned from say the land registry or the website of IPC.

If the parking tickets all related to the same car park, you can simply critique the signs and say insofar as I am aware the signs remained the same between dates x and y.. That makes clear what is known and where there is a doubt.

You can also say, things like I am a careful driver, it is my usual practice before leaving a car park to ensure that I have parked within a bay

I hope that makes sense. See what you come up with. Obviously your statement will need to be tailored so if you are not admitting to be driver your statement doesn't give that away.
  • caminch1993
    Options
    Guys, so i received there witness statement today, the same day they would have received mine... I would love to tear it apart as it is laughable.... will i get a chance on the hearing day to do this? will the judge ask me any questions as to claims they are making?
    or will the judge simply read the statements and make his decision based upon them?
    Is there anything i can do at this stage to raise points about there witness statement or is it all said and done now?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I would love to tear it apart as it is laughable.... will i get a chance on the hearing day to do this?

Yes. Most importantly, you will prepare a Skeleton argument, which is a short document of all your best points, citing supporting legal cases, which can be lodged prior to the hearing. In that you can challenge the reliability of the witness evidence.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Jopson - take the transcript. Download at the prankster I believe.
  • caminch1993
    Options
    perfect, i will work on that this week and post... is this to be taken with me on the day? or delivered again to court? serve a copy to claimant? and shall i expect one in return from the claimant?

many thanks for your help!! it is much appreciated!!!

also is it possible to upload images to this thread? i would like to post there " LBCC" which i never received as i have a feeling it would not comply.. but would need the more experienced posters to confirm for me.
    Self certified contract with the landowner too? anything i can mention about that?

many thanks again.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    also is it possible to upload images to this thread?
    Host it on tinypic, imgur or Dropbox (but not photobucket as some regulars can’t access it anymore), then copy and paste the link into the forum reply box and post it here.

I think you’ve got enough posts under your belt to now post ‘live’ links, but if you’re having a message that newbies can’t post links, then just change http to hxxp, and a regular will convert.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Anything you use as evidence, is referenced in your witness statement and served on all parties.
    You expect to get a copy of their bundle by the same deadline

Yes, use tinypic and “break” the url by changing http to hxxp. We can then fix it for you

You need to be reading post 2 of the newbies thread. This is all covered there.
  • caminch1993
    Options
    @nosferatu1001 this was in regards to a skeleton argument.. my WS has already been filed, as has the claimants...
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    perfect, i will work on that this week and post... is this to be taken with me on the day? or delivered again to court? serve a copy to claimant? and shall i expect one in return from the claimant?
    Your skeleton should be filed and served no later than 3 days before the hearing along with your costs schedule. The claimant will not produce an SA
  • caminch1993
    Options
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57mltpj410rux3f/AADSXTlgnX9xuMkEq1ZhpfBpa?dl=0

Here is the dropbox link... any advice or pointers for the SA would be good! I have uploaded some of there images of the "clear signage" on site and a paragraph in which they have responded to my forbidding signs point!

i have also uploaded the LBBC that i never received... i also uploaded the cost that the claimant is trying to claim..

Thank you all its much appreciated..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport