Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't tried to make SW burgers, but I like the meals from Iceland.

I usually buy the beef lasagne, chicken saag and the chinese banquet.

They are handy as a stop-gap when I'm too tired to cook anything.

Oh the chicken saag is to die for. One of the nicest ready meals I've ever eaten I think. I genuinely stock my freezer up with both the chicken saag and tikka masalas.

The chip shop curry sauce is unreal as well. You don't need to throw it away once it's gone cold. I put mine in the fridge and used it for a few more days.

One week I went a bit nutty and bought a fair few of different ready meals though and found some were better than others. I was a bit disappointed with the beef in gravy and veg crush.... it was a bit naff. Tasteless and what little you could taste wasn't all that good.
    The chicken in black bean sauce was good, but was featured in a list of the saltiest ready meals, so I decided not to get it again.
    Sweet and sour chicken pretty nice but probably not how you'd think it would taste. Whereas the curry's resemble a takeaway, this doesn't.

I need to try the others though. I like the look of the king prawn laksa noodles.

Like you said, they're ideal as a stop-gap. My group days for example are 8pm and can sometimes go beyond 9pm, so they're perfect after that. 12 mins in the microwave and jobs a good'un.

I think if I had a family though, kids etc, I'd be looking to do it cheaper. All starts to add up when you look at it proportionally.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've not tried the SW burgers so no idea what they're like. What recipe are you using? I've made burgers for years and the worst thing about them is that they tend to fall apart when you try to turn them if you haven't cooked them long enough on one side. Perhaps that's the reason you're disappointed with your HM ones.

Enough damage limitation done Monday to Wednesday to get a 0.5lb loss this morning, now bang on target. Would like to lose 1.5lb next week (which is the most I ever lose!) as it will be my last WI before my one month's holiday.

Having another Green day today:

B - tub of ready prepared fruit - 3 types of melon with grapes
    L - welsh rarebit HEB1 & HEA1, really enjoyed it as don't have cheese very often!
    D - mixed bean goulash with rice

HEA1 - 40g low fat cheese
    HEA2 - 350ml skimmed milk
    HEB1 - 2 slices of WM bread
    HEB2 - to be decided later - may have a couple of Ryvita & a Laughing Cow extra light (1 syn) & a hi fi or if I feel hungry it will be 4 Ryvita & 2 Laughing Cow extra light (2 syns).

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoo all
    Sat waiting to pick dh up.
    Thanks about the job, ssm they have given him 3 to apply for but they say full driving licence which he does Not have we will see
    Stoke I make burgers half pork mince and half beef, seasoning and Worcester sauce, I make them in a press don't fall to bits. I did not like the sw ones from Iceland
    Curly if that's all you had syn the rolls
    Weigh in later:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2018 at 3:45PM
    Options
    :T well done on getting a loss denise. Yu must have really pulled hard on those reins!!:D

Thanks for reminding me about the extra HEB on EESP. I did stick to it yesterday although I had a veggie omelette in the end instead of separate bits.
    Stoke wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to make the SW Burgers yet, like the ones they sell in Iceland? I've given it a couple of tries with 5% mince from ALDI, but not quite been able to get them right. Not sure why. Still nice, but just not the result I'd expected. Those burgers are absolutely awesome though, worth their money.

I like the BGTY burgers from Sainsbury's. They're just 1 syn for a quarter pounder. As well as that I make my own both beef and pork with bits like onions, herbs, chopped gherkins and capers mixed in. I enjoy them too but they don't taste the same as shop bought.
    Stoke wrote: »
    I've started eating a lot more of the SW Ready meals lately actually and they're great. I'm keeping away from one or two of the Chinese style ones, apparently they're a bit higher in salt than the rest, but the curry ones are very good. Originally, I felt they were too expensive, but I'm not sure they are. £3 for a meal... Not too bad that.

That's interesting about liking the ready meals. I once bought a chicken curry, jalfrezi I think, to try. It tasted OK but the sauce as very watery IMO. My favourite is Aldi Lamb Rogan Josh at 1.5 syns.

Unless you have a specific health problem then salt in an occasional ready meal wouldn't be a problem as you're controlling (or leaving out) the salt in HM meals like your omelettes.:)

I like to write down my meals on here abbafan. I do also usually keep a food diary in a notebook with a running total of syns with it but that's lapsed in recent weeks as we've been away a lot. A new syn banks week starts today so you've inspired me to be good again.

I will not be joining you in the beans on salad :rotfl::rotfl: I do take raw fruit and veg to work, and eat that through the day which helps with the diet, I am rubbish with eating (well controlling food intake) at home :D:D:D

I have a BIL who serves a side of cold beans with salad. I think it's odd but they obviously enjoy it.

Just out of interest, I'm always surprised when anyone calls SW a diet. Same yesterday, I think, when someone mentioned earning points. Is this because of a history of trying other slimming programmes?:) I've never thought of SW as a diet. It gives me a framework for healthy eating which I wouldn't want to give up for other than a short term treat like a holiday. I always think of diet (in the slimming sense) as a short term fix then go back to 'normal' after losing the weight.

We're eating early tonight as I have to go out so maybe a snack later (probably munch on some beetroot!).

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, half HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with ham, cottage cheese and beetroot
    D: Austrian ham hash (carrots, onion, leeks, mushrooms, celery, tomato) with cabbage
    Syns: Parmesan 1
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I like the BGTY burgers from Sainsbury's. They're just 1 syn for a quarter pounder. As well as that I make my own both beef and pork with bits like onions, herbs, chopped gherkins and capers mixed in. I enjoy them too but they don't taste the same as shop bought.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/sainsburys-chargrill-quarter-pounders--be-good-to-yourself-454g?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=Bb4f3MzpZ5Z1tKRfiVgwyfFg7%2FW6m2GQINlUg18KNryBZRqcVtI1D5t4t3V8BLfW3%2Bn%2Fs%2BvQT21UdltVQ0C8mWWWSd%2B5wTk6USfxcNhoRLdTkAS9Ib%2Bpm%2BahIrRciJ7R98ApXDBy1T9iye34DBaPcpiJH%2Fbpvd6mvGTgDsdrUQg%3D&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fsainsburys-chargrill-quarter-pounders--be-good-to-yourself-454g

These ones? They look delicious, I might pick up a pack on the way home from work.
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all.

Bust week this week (working full time in exam season) so just a quick one.

Stoke
    I make burgers from the 5% mince but I give it a whizz in the food processor first so that it's finer. I add seasoning and a bit of grated onion and grill them. They do stay together and I prefer them to any bought burgers. I believe that Aldis own 5% burgers in the chiller are 1 syn each and come recommended though I haven't tried them.

Back at the weekend - sneaky weigh shows I might have lost a bit this week, down to thousands of steps around a sprawling school!
  • bubbs
    Options
    Evening all :D
    1/2 on for me:o
    Can anyone tell me and ILTS why sushi is synned? whats in it to make it synned please?
    Tea , chicken curry , cauli rice, 1/2 dozen chips and 2 broughie's
    100_8652_1.jpg
    Stokethis is made from SW chip shop curry sauce:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,895 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Stoke - yes I like the chip shop curry sauce and the tikka masala one.

I didn't like the chicken tikka masala SW meal though - I only had it the once and found it too spicy for me.

I can never find these broughies. Apparently you can get them in Iceland, but I've never seen them in my branch of Iceland.

For tea I had steak, egg, beans, 5% chips (3 syns) and mushrooms.

Lush. x
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • bubbs
    Options
    Stoke - yes I like the chip shop curry sauce and the tikka masala one.

I didn't like the chicken tikka masala SW meal though - I only had it the once and found it too spicy for me.

I can never find these broughies. Apparently you can get them in Iceland, but I've never seen them in my branch of Iceland.

For tea I had steak, egg, beans, 5% chips (3 syns) and mushrooms.

Lush. x

Broughies are with the bread in my store x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure