The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Guten Tag meine Damen und Herren und wilkommen zum Oktoberfest! (Hopefully that is grammatically correct-ish).

Get yer lederhosen polished and strike up the Oompah, it's time to celebrate with a few virtual beers and plenty of sausage. And for starters, Meistress marmite, put me down for 15 NSDs!

(Not now, Igor, get back to the September thread and get on with organising the school prom!)
    One life - your life - live it!
  • kathy40uk
    Options
    :hello: Hi all in October thread

I have a few things on in October including cat's needing their boosters but I think If I plan carefully I can do my 15 so please put me down for that for October

See you all next month :)

:hello:

DFD Need to August 2027 :(

NSD March 15/20
    NSD April 17/15
    NSD May 13/15

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all,

I would like to go with 10 NSDs in Oct:)
  • t2rry
    t2rry Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    20 again for me please Marmite
    Debt Free I FFEF I Building Savings I 2024 Plan:
    1. Slush/Tax Fund £2,050/£5,000
    2. Additional Pension Contributions £3,300/£5,000
    3. Regular Savings £2,720/£15,000

#47 Save £20k in 2024 - £8,070/£20,000 (40%)
  • And 10 NSDs for me. First timer here, please be gentle :-)
    CC debt at 0%: £7540
    CC debt paid off: £297

• Learning2Budget
    Options
    12 NSD for me please.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Vicky496 wrote: »
    I think I did at least 7 this last month, but I wasn't counting properly... wish I had!

So I'm joining the challenge properly this month with an initial target of 7!
    ott09 wrote: »
    Could I join please? 10 NSDs for me to start
    And 10 NSDs for me. First timer here, please be gentle :-)

A big,big welcome to all of you and to the regulars! :hello:

I hope that you enjoy the challenge.Ask away if you have any questions....and let me just rush off to find you a mug and a chair.You might have to squeeze up on the sofa,but you're always assured a warm welcome at campaign HQ aka Ennessdee Towers/Château Nargle.
    We have a trusty chef Igor (equipped with a fiery temper and owner of some very sharp knives,so best not to offend him),and a trusting sidekick in the form of Hubert the donkey.Please don't shout at Hubert,when he inevitably gets it wrong - he might leave a puddle.
  • I hope that you enjoy the challenge.Ask away if you have any questions....and let me just rush off to find you a mug and a chair.

Thank you! How do you keep track of things, do you mark your calendar? Make a list of dates? My NSD will include everything except direct debits (that shouldn't be an issue as most of them are on the 1st, one on the 4th and one on the 17th).

• marmiterulesok
    Options
    Thank you! How do you keep track of things, do you mark your calendar? Make a list of dates? My NSD will include everything except direct debits (that shouldn't be an issue as most of them are on the 1st, one on the 4th and one on the 17th).

I usually am able to plan in advance what days of the week are going to be nsds.

I also check the whole month to see how many weeks there are,as usually I will allow myself 2-3 spendy days a week.So,for October I plan to have 4 nsds the first week (week of 5 days),then a maximum of 3 spendy days for the other full weeks,and then 3 nsds for the last week (again 5 days).For the full weeks,I could easily get 5 or even 6 nsds,depending on how I plan my shopping.I hope that that all makes sense.
    When I have bagged an nsd,I usually mark it on the calendar,and then highlight it.I usually aim for 19 nsds a month.
    I also have allowed spends,as do many other nsders.
    This challenge,for me,is mainly to avoid impulse buying.
    Allowed spends for me are:
    -all bills
    -prescriptions
    -travel.I have a travelcard,and don't count train journeys,as they are essential.
    -swimming (subscription)
    -fresh fruit,fresh veg and bottled water.

It might sound like a lot,but it's what works for me.

Some people don't count petrol,milk,bread....It's really up to you.

Does that make it any clearer?

If you haven't read it,have a look at post #3. :)
  • Thanks, I think planning the days in advance will work for me too!

Looked at the calendar.. Thursdays aren't good as I do the weekly grocery shopping online. Fri is my only free evening as my child is with my ex, so I usually go out. Sat and Sun we're out and about... So it looks like for me Mon, Tue, and Weds are my best bet - will try to keep them all 13 NSD in October, but the *official* target is 10.

As for allowed spend, only bills/direct debits are allowed for me. Travel to work is covered by an annual travelcard.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family