Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge! - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The One and Only Oktoberfest NSD Challenge!

edited 14 October 2014 at 4:07PM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
701 replies 29.4K views

Replies

• Please can I join with 10 NSD for October!

My first challenge, can't wait to join in, and bust some debt! :j
  • gothrockchic1gothrockchic1 Forumite
    2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone I'm back in. Can you please put be in for 12 NSD's please with 3 days in a row.

Hopefully I won't be too much if a stranger this month. Internet gets installed next week. I haven't had it for three weeks :(
  • marmiterulesokmarmiterulesok Forumite
    7.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I think planning the days in advance will work for me too!

Looked at the calendar.. Thursdays aren't good as I do the weekly grocery shopping online. Fri is my only free evening as my child is with my ex, so I usually go out. Sat and Sun we're out and about... So it looks like for me Mon, Tue, and Weds are my best bet - will try to keep them all 13 NSD in October, but the *official* target is 10.

As for allowed spend, only bills/direct debits are allowed for me. Travel to work is covered by an annual travelcard.

That sounds like a plan! :D

I forgot to say that quite a few of us have budgets for lots of different things.Some don't count spends if they stay within budget.HTH.
    Please can I join with 10 NSD for October!

Welcome to the fabby nsd challenge!

Let me go and sort you out a mug.....tea or coffee?There isn't a spare chair though.We'll all have to squash up on the sofa.

Yes Igor,now is not the time to cut your toenails thank you very much.We don't want to frighten the newbies! :eek:

Hi everyone I'm back in. Can you please put be in for 12 NSD's please with 3 days in a row.

Hopefully I won't be too much if a stranger this month. Internet gets installed next week. I haven't had it for three weeks :(

:eek::eek::eek: How did we manage before the internet?! ;)
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please can I join with 10 NSD for October!

I've just had a thought.We have five days left of September.Could you manage an nsd or two out of that? :D
  • I've just had a thought.We have five days left of September.Could you manage an nsd or two out of that? :D

I will definitely take that coffee! And oooh, throwing the gauntlet down for the newbie! I daresay I could get 2 NSD in before October starts. Let's give it a go! Good practice after all. :beer:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will definitely take that coffee! And oooh, throwing the gauntlet down for the newbie! I daresay I could get 2 NSD in before October starts. Let's give it a go! Good practice after all. :beer:

Good for you! :j:j
  • I'm going to go for 5 NSD this month. I'd like to think that I can do more but I'll probably give up if I think I'm not doing well!
  • Hello All!

I have nearly hit my target of 15 NSDs for September (If I can discipline myself for Monday and Tuesday!) and so may I please be put down for 15 NSDs in October?

kxc798 x
    "Ye cannae change the laws o' physics"

Montgomery Scott

NSD September 15/15 NSD October 1/15
    'Little Pot Of Gold' £1200
    7.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    kxc798 wrote: »
    Hello All!

I have nearly hit my target of 15 NSDs for September (If I can discipline myself for Monday and Tuesday!) and so may I please be put down for 15 NSDs in October?

kxc798 x
    black_cat wrote: »
    I'm going to go for 5 NSD this month. I'd like to think that I can do more but I'll probably give up if I think I'm not doing well!

You're both signed up. :)
  • Not sure October will be quite as easy as I usually start Christmas shopping around halfterm. But as we're on the seemingly never ending journey to having our own igloo (we first started looking in February!) I have to be sensible, especially as this time it might actually happen!!

I'm going to aim for 12 NSDs again in October please :)
    NSDs January - 3/8 2017 total - 3
    declutter challenge 67/2017
    Goodreads Challenge 0/30
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support