Car excess insurance and travel insurance

Options
Hi!
I'm going to France on my own with my two children at the end of next week. After reading the articles on car hire and travel insurance, i looked up prices but got overwhelmed with choice and information.

I'm looking g for companies that, rather than give the best price, do give a good service should something happen. I don't earn much and don't have much spare, so I want an insurance company that is reliable.

Any feedback on Questor?
I saw some people complain about such travel insurance/ car excess companies not wanting to pay out or making it difficult.

Thank you!

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whoever you choose, familiarise yourself with the claims procedure thoroughly before you leave and make sure you follow it to the letter in the event that you need to claim.

I've used Questor several times in the past but never had to claim so can't comment on their service.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    If you want well established, then try insureandgo for travel insurance and insurance4carhire for car hire excess insurance. Not the cheapest, but amongst the best.
  • Nathmn
    Nathmn Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you very much. :)
  • skid112
    skid112 Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have used Questor for the past few years, had the misfortune to claim and had no issues with their service
    Save 12k in 2020 #19 £12,429.06/£14,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport