Haggle with BT - our new guide

Options

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why dont you use your BT members pages / HELP ?
    Contact Us .
    Or members forum .
  • neilsedaka
    neilsedaka Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ask to be escalated to BT Executive Level Complaints. Once escalated, only communicate with them by email so you have a written record of what has been discussed and so you have time to consider your responses.
  • Gazzawest
    Options
    Signed up with BT broadband, TV and phone package. Online was £32.50/month. Of course they change the prices in April which i thought wouldnt effect me but they do. At the same time theyre offering the same deal now as im typing this, for new customers. Unless you didnt know this is the Internet provider scam, sign up to a years contract(DEAL) knowing full well theyre not going to honour it a few months down the line. When you complain they say they sent an email. I couldnt even get them to promise me there wouldnt be further price hikes, scandalous practice!!
  • Gazzawest
    Options
    Signed up with BT broadband, TV and phone package. Online was £32.50/month. Of course they change the prices in April which i thought wouldnt effect me but they do. At the same time theyre offering the same deal now as im typing this, for new customers. Unless you didnt know this is the Internet provider scam, sign up to a years contract(DEAL) knowing full well theyre not going to honour it a few months down the line. When you complain they say they sent an email. I couldnt even get them to promise me there wouldnt be further price hikes, scandalous practice!!
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    BT contracts are not fixed length and fixed price. They can increase the price during the contract so long as they give the required notice. Read the conditions that were given to you and you agreed to when you started the contract.
  • Miss.Twizz
    Miss.Twizz Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've phoned twice on behalf of my elderly parents and BT stubbornly stick to £34.92 per month for broadband (£46.48 in total with additional call services my parents require). This is grossly unfair, they're stuck out in the sticks and they're lucky if they get 1Mbps on a good day! BT simply don't care and point black refuse to reach any sort of deal with me. It's either pay it for p**s poor service, or don't have any service at all. Absolutely disgusting :mad::mad::mad:
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    Phone again so you get to speak with a different person. Or use live chat. I am paying £25.99/month on a two year contract for line rental, unlimited Fibre To The Premises (Infinity 1 - 52 Mbps), evening and weekend calls, caller display and caller protect. Use 1899.com for weekday daytime calls.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Is BT the only ISP that service your parents property then? If not then move to the cheapest!

I don't understand why people think businesses will 'care', or that they are entitled to a deal. They are a business who's aim is to make money, not a charity. If they are not budging, switch.
  • Moireach
    Moireach Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I negotiated BT Infinity 1 for £25.99 p/m locked for 2 years, and I got the new Smart Hub thrown in for free.

I've been with BT for a year or so, but had signed a new contract 6 months ago locking me in for 2 years paying £34 a month (a Black Friday deal with 40% discount off BT Infinity 2). Though this was an Infinity 2 deal, my area can only get Infinity 1 speeds.

Recent price increases made this £36.50 a month so I used the price increase as an excuse to leave (you can leave penalty free within a month of a price increase).

I initiated my switch to Origin Broadband on £32 a month and a £200 Amazon voucher, which seemed unbeatable. At the time of leaving BT retentions couldn't offer me anything better than what I had, saying I already had a 40% discount.

I only called BT a month and a half later because they had mistakenly asked me for leaving fees (£450).

The number I was given was retentions and he said he was the very last point of contact so had the best deals. He started by trying to offer me BT Sport and BT TV deals which I had no interest in because saving money is my primary concern. Once I'd made that clear, and told him the Origin deal, he came out with the real offer of £25.99 a month for 2 years.

I tried my luck and asked about the new router saying that our BT router has been sluggish and if anything could be done, and to my amazement he just threw it in immediately.

Overall Savings vs Current BT Discount:
    £36.50 p/m for 24 months: £876
    £25.99 p/m for 24 months: £647.76
    Total Savings: £228.24
    Sweetener: £65 Router for Free

Overall Savings vs Origin offer:
    £32 p/m for 24 months: £768
    £200 Amazon Voucher
    £25.99 p/m for 24 months: £647.76
    £10 p/m BT Mobile Discount on 2 Sims: £240
    £50 Installation Fee No Longer Required: £50
    Total Savings: £210.24

Very impressed with this offer from BT. I'm a serial switcher but I'm very happy to stick with them with an offer like this.
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    Does your £25.99 deal include any free landline phone calls?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback