Retailer refusing return

Options
124»

Comments

• Labsuper
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    I agree, I was thinking out loud and didn't bother to quote bits I was commenting on as I'm useless at multi quoting. It wasn't meant as an actual suggestion more a simple musing. Not that it particularly matters or is important. The important thing is the vile and disgusting language from the op has been removed.

Ps sorry for being thick but who is Devil Woman?

unholyangel...keep up!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Labsuper wrote: »
    unholyangel...keep up!

I didn't know Unholyangel was female sorry. In saying that I am being particularly thick today.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    PS - I see the OP's status has updated. ;)

There's a surprise!
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Because they're our soles?

There used to be a shop on the Kings Road that sold cowboy boots. It traded under the name "R. Soles".

Don't know if it's still there or not...
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There used to be a shop on the Kings Road that sold cowboy boots. It traded under the name "R. Soles".

Don't know if it's still there or not...

See also Nike's "Air Sole" technology (preferably in a Scots accent).
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Who would purchase shoes without trying them on first? as the width/length does vary between manafacturers buying fro the interweb should be avoided UNLESS you know the brand and know they will fit.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Ganga wrote: »
    Who would purchase shoes without trying them on first?

Presumably the millions of people who buy shoes online?
    Ganga wrote: »
    as the width/length does vary between manafacturers buying fro the interweb should be avoided UNLESS you know the brand and know they will fit.

A good example of why the right to cancel exists giving consumers the confidence to shop online and know they can return something if it isn't right for them.
  • Elleb19
    Options
    I'm maybe in the wrong place. I'm new to this and don't know how to start a new post. I have cancelled an order under distance selling. Sat in all day other people in house nobody came near and they claimed they had tried delivery. I contacted and was told wouldn't be back today so i said no longer needed it and was cancelling and I was told by the company I can't as they have a rule it can only be cancelled within 15 minutes of ordering. Surely they can't ignore consumer law like this
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They can't stop the order if it's already in transit, however when the items arrive as long as they're not in one of the prescribed categories just send them back for a refund.
    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-do-i-cancel-an-online-order
    You need to check their t&cs for how to do this.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Elleb19 wrote: »
    I'm maybe in the wrong place. I'm new to this and don't know how to start a new post. I have cancelled an order under distance selling. Sat in all day other people in house nobody came near and they claimed they had tried delivery. I contacted and was told wouldn't be back today so i said no longer needed it and was cancelling and I was told by the company I can't as they have a rule it can only be cancelled within 15 minutes of ordering. Surely they can't ignore consumer law like this

Do they mean cancelled as in contract cancelled or cancelled as in delivery cancelled? What are their T&C's? Did they provide you anything in a durable medium (email is durable, website is not)?

They technically can't refuse to accept cancellation - assuming they're in the UK (or even EU) and the goods aren't an exempt type (either exempt from the CCRs themselves or just exempt from the right to cancel). Cancellation is effective from what it was sent - although its for you to prove you cancelled within the period so wise to do so in a way you can reproduce later.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure