Trying to get a refund on tv license

Options
Hi there

My mother who is 84 has been living with me for 17 years. We literally found out last year about her being able to get the free tv license before Xmas. I sent of the form, MY recent tv license and evidence and it was sent back - minus the tv license - saying the evidence wasn't the type needed. I then GOT two pieces of evidence and e mailed them back saying they had my tv license and they said no problem, scan the evidence and send with the 2nd filled in form. I did that.
Today I got an e mail from them

"In order for us to continue with your refund request we require copy of payment for the TV Licence from May 2009 to October 2012.

Before we can deal with your request, we will need you to provide some additional evidence:

A copy of your TV Licences since your 75th Birthday; or

Proof of payment for your TV Licence from May 2009 to October 2012 e.g. bank statements showing the first and last payment for each licence being debited from your account.

Please note we only need photocopies of the evidence requested.

Once we have received this, we will be able to proceed with your refund request.

When replying please quote the above reference.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and I look forward to hearing from you."

Anyone else experience these problems??

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    BBC TV Licensing are renowned for their bureaucratic and other issues.

From your story, it sounds as if they are now asking for documentation (copies of previous Licences) that you have already given them.

Like any call centre issue, I would suggest phoning them and speaking with a supervisor or manager.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure