My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,042 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Such good news about getting rid of the headaches. :) Well done for sticking to the no-codeine regime.

Cleaning stuff: I find our £ shop and a local chain store both do a range called 'Astonish' which seems to cover all sorts of cleaning and most are a pound each. May be worth looking out for: I used to use their laundry liquid and liked it very much though unfortunately I seem to develop a mild reaction to it after a while (£1.99 a bottle).

I hope all goes well for your Mum tomorrow and she's soon home and recuperating. Do let us know how it goes.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Cherryfudge,I have used Astonish stuff before so will have a look,I have to be careful with wash powder because it irritates my skin,the only one I seem to be able to use is either Tesco or Sainsbury's own brand non biological,but it think any non bio would be ok,I used the Aldi one for a while but DD reckoned it wasn't washing the clothes properly,it seemed ok to me though so maybe I will go back to that
    I have been reading Alice In Poorlands diary and I'm finding it very inspirational ,she is so good with NSDs,it's spurred me on to try this again for myself,I'm claiming my first one for this month today
    I'm feeling a bit nervous about mums op tomorrow and probably won't sleep tonight but at least I have the day off so don't have to get up early,I can't wait until it's all over
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    This time tomorrow she'll be on the road to recovery. :)

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope all goes well with your Mums operation OBL, XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Hope all goes well with your Mums operation OBL, XX
    Thankyou :)x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Mums op went well I'm glad to say,she didn't go to theatre until the afternoon though so they are keeping her in overnight,I'm quite pleased about that because I was worried about my Dad looking after her so soon after an anaesthetic as he is not too steady on his feet himself and I think he could do with out the stress to be honest,she should be able to go home in the morning at some point,now we just have to hope it hasn't spread but we won't know that until they test the lymph nodes they have removed,she has been walking round like it for threeish years though so we will see,hopefully it's a slow growing one
    I'm working tomorrow so can't see her then but I've told her I will go up and see her on Thursday,hopefully she will have a speedy recovery

I went shopping today for food and spent £22.35 so not too bad, that included cleaning products and wash powder. I have two lots of curry left in the freezer and I bought a pasta bake sauce today so that is 6 meals taken care of,I also still have bits in the freezer to use up so foodwise I'm not doing too badly,the only naughty thing I bought was a coffee flavoured soya milk which I thought would be like an iced coffee,it was pricey at £2.50 but I decided to treat myself and I'm sorry to say it was awful,it doesn't taste of coffee at all,so that was a waste and a lesson learned:(
    went with DD2 to pick out her new glasses and we also had to take a dress back that she bought,we had a look in one shop and I bought myself a summer dress for the princely sum of £2 in the sale,what a bargain :T
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Good to hear the surgery has gone well, I hope she has a good night.

Great bargain in the summer dress. :)

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just popping by to say I have caught up with your diary, after being away form the boards for quite a while. Just never seemed to find time to come on line and trying to reduce the amount of time I spend on computer, so have to prioritise. Glad your mum's op went ok. I am waiting for my to get an appointment for a biopsy and scan, as it looks as though her breast cancer may have returned after nearly 40 years. Also my dad awaiting scan for a leg problem, so I can sympathise with how you feel.
    Well done on the sale dress. I love a bargain
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad to hear the op' went well, OBL. Let's hope those tests are ok too. It's best, I think, to stay in overnight. An elderly relative of mine had the same op a couple of years ago. She lives alone with no close family & the hospital wanted to send her home the same day. She insisted she wasn't ready & was allowed to stay overnight. I know hospitals are terribly stretched, but I do think they're the best place to be after surgery, just for safety, really.
    Anyway, hope all goes well,
    F
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Good to hear the surgery has gone well, I hope she has a good night.

Great bargain in the summer dress. :)
    Thanks Cherryfudge,I did manage to go to see her today and she had a good night last night and has now gone home to recover :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback