Which credit agency?

Options
Hi there,

Just a quick one, does anyone know which credit reference agency or agencies Natwest use?

They hold our current joint account, savings account and the children's trust accounts. We need to apply for a mortgage but have been advised that because I have 1 default on my file (from 2010), I have two choices, apply for an adverse lender mortgage or wait until the default drops off the file. My husbands credit history is clear. I am still paying this defaulted debt off. On Experian it shows as satisfied, on Equifax it shows as settled and it doesn't appear at all on Noddle! Bizarre!

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• matttye
    matttye Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2419785

"Royal Bank of Scotland & NatWest
    Search: EX*, EQ*
    Report: EX, EQ, CC"
    What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
  • UsetheFORCE
    UsetheFORCE Posts: 688 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would be surprised if Mortgage lenders don't search all 3 agencies in the current climate.
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
  • MoneySaverLog
    MoneySaverLog Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    A satisfied default will be almost as bad as a unsatisfied default as it shows that you defaulted on the original agreement.

Whoever advised you of your choices is correct.
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could your husband apply for the mortgage solely in his name? I've heard of past instances when the sum could be lent if the 'other' applicant didn't apply jointly (in fact, it happened with me).
  • Danniella
    Danniella Posts: 107 Forumite
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Could your husband apply for the mortgage solely in his name? I've heard of past instances when the sum could be lent if the 'other' applicant didn't apply jointly (in fact, it happened with me).

Thanks for that. There is a possibility of my husband applying solely but we would need the lender to take Tax Credits into consideration - he is named on the tax credits award. However for some lenders such as Nationwide they will take TC in account but both names on the TC award have to be on the mortgage app to qualify which is no good for us :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure