Sharing Bedroom

Options
Hi
Just after some thoughts please.
I have a 19 year old Son who lives with his Dad and Step Mum in a 2 bedroomed rented flat.
His wife has a Daughter who is about 22 and has just come back from travelling.
They are having to share a bedroom- separate beds and my Son is ok with this.
I feel very unsure about this situation but can’t speak to the Dad as our relationship is non existent.
Am I just being silly. I don’t think for a second anything is going on but privacy etc. In my min - just doesn’t sit right.
Thanks

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well they're both adults so I don't really think you have a say on it - to be frank.
  • gonzo127
    gonzo127 Posts: 4,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rasharoon wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a 19 year old Son who lives with his Dad and Step Mum in a 2 bedroomed rented flat.
    I feel very unsure about this situation but can’t speak to the Dad as our relationship is non existent.
    Am I just being silly. I don’t think for a second anything is going on but privacy etc. In my min - just doesn’t sit right.
    Thanks

not being funny, but they are all adults, so im sure they can decide for themselves what is ok and what isnt.

and unless i am reading this totally wrong, the daughter is not a blood relative to your son, so even something does 'go on' taking into account once again that they are both adults, there really isnt anything wrong with things. although could make your sons dad and wife feel a little awkward haha
    Drop a brand challenge
    on a £100 shop you might on average get 70 items save
    10p per product = £7 a week ~ £28 a month
    20p per product = £14 a week ~ £56 a month
    30p per product = £21 a week ~ £84 a month (or in other words one weeks shoping at the new price)
  • martinsurrey
    Options
    Rasharoon wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks

can I get this right,

An adult is living with 2 other Adults, and a 4th Adult is going to share a room with the first Adult.

You, a 5th adult, wants our "internet adults" opinion?

Why are you unsure?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,965 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    can I get this right,

An adult is living with 2 other Adults, and a 4th Adult is going to share a room with the first Adult.

You, a 5th adult, wants our "internet adults" opinion?

Why are you unsure?

As her son loses the privacy of having a bedroom to himself and is forced to share. Not only share but to share with a slightly older female. AWKWARD.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,687 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    As you say your son is OK with the arrangement, I can't see your problem.

If he'd told you that he wasn't happy about sharing this room, I could understand your question.
  • lewishardwick
    Options
    He may very well be OK with it... ;)
  • Ronaldo_Mconaldo
    Options
    He may very well be OK with it... ;)

I’d be more than OK with it if I were him
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    silvercar wrote: »
    As her son loses the privacy of having a bedroom to himself and is forced to share. Not only share but to share with a slightly older female. AWKWARD.

Her son is an adult though and according to OP, is fine with the situation. It's not for OP to interfere with the living arrangements of 4 adults.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • martinbuckley
    Options
    Why don't you offer your son a room at your place?
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What do you want them to do though? If all they can afford is a 2 bed place, then there's not much option. Unless you are going to offer to pay the rent on a 3 bed for them, or pay for your son or the daughter to move into a bedsit? You could tell your son if he doesn't feel comfortable with the situation he can move back in with you instead.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure