IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Late arrive of PCN for leased vehicle - Highview Parking

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would wait, as you know that Arval did supply your name and address.

In the meantime, because of this:
    2/11/2016 - received a ticket from UKPC on my windscreen in High Wycombe hospital, I was working for the hospital itself.
    I would phone up the Hospital, ask for the Facilities/Premises Manager and ask them to cancel the unfair charge. Be pretty assertive but polite.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mits111
    Options
    So I called the hospital as advised.

Spoke to the operator who said facilities department will not deal with parking charges and that I will have to speak to the car parking department (basically the ones that gave me the ticket in the first place).

The department was closed so I'll have to wait till new year. If I'm honest I can't see me getting anywhere by complaining to the ones who issued the charge in the first place.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Most people who work there can get NHS ones cancelled this way. I helped someone earlier this month, off forum, and told her to try that first, and it was cancelled (somewhere in a NHS car park a long way ooop North, not near me or you).
  • Mits111
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Most people who work there can get NHS ones cancelled this way. I helped someone earlier this month, off forum, and told her to try that first, and it was cancelled (somewhere in a NHS car park a long way ooop North, not near me or you).

I'll give it a go and let you know the out come.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When you say working for the hospital do you mean as a tradesman or as an employee? If it is the former what arrangements did the hospital make for you to park while undertaking work for them?
  • Mits111
    Options
    A tradesmen. Just working there for the day. Parked up in staff carpark to look for the parking warden to tell him I'm working at the hospital and looking for the facilities office to sign in. Parking had already been arranged for my vehicle but I needed to sign in to the site first. While I was looking for him he'd slapped a ticket on. I eventually found him. He was by my van. Just finished putting the ticket on. Literally 30 seconds earlier and I wouldn't have been in this mess. Anyway he refused to cancel the ticket, used the line "once it's on, its on".
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You need to get the NHS Trust to cancel this, it is ridiculous. This is a good time to embarrass Hospitals about their rip-off reliance of cowboy parking firms intimidating patients and employees:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4072180/How-hospitals-betray-patients-doing-deals-parking-cowboys.html

HTH
  • Mits111
    Mits111 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Mits111 wrote: »
    I'll give it a go and let you know the out come.

Called again today, the hospital put me through to UKPC. Spoke to the lady over the phone who was nice enough but said that they won't be able to cancel a ticket over the phone and will have to contest the parking charge through writing to them or via their website.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Why did the Hospital put you through to UKPC. You should have refused, that was not why you phoned.

Write to the NHS Trust CEO and point out that this incentivised 'fines' regime is against the Government Policy on NHS Parking Charges and that any NHS Trust remains jointly and severally liable for the conduct of the parking firms in their car parks and can't pass the buck.
  • trell70
    trell70 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 10 January 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Have spend hours reading up on this but would be most grateful to clarify something:

1. I received a letter dated 30/12/2016 my lease car company Automotive Leasing (AL) with a copy of the Highview PCN dated 22/12/2016 for a parking charge occurring on 11/12/2016 in Almondvale Retail Park, Livingston, Scotland. To clarify, the car is leased to the NHS, but I'm the named driver.

2. AL states that it has provided Highview with a Statutory Statement of Hire, tranferring liability of the offence to me so that they can contact me directly.

3. AL state that I have 28 days from the issue date on the PCN (so, until pretty much two days from now) to appeal, but I haven't received anything from Highview yet.

4. Should I contact AL to say that I plan to appeal once I receive the notice from Highview? Also should I also ask AL when they supplied the required 'extra documents' to Highview (I'm assuming it'll be around 30/12/2016, and wait until the 21 days have passed to send the template letter?) I'm not sure if the Car Leasing Manager in the NHS has received these 'extra documents' but I'll check tomorrow.

Your help most appreciated!
    Best wishes
    trell70
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills