Warning re 24/7 Home Rescue

Options

Comments

• Poppy_Green
    Poppy_Green Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 23 February 2018 at 2:52PM
    Options
    Following the reply from 24/7 after my initial complaint, I contacted "laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk" to report the harassment I was getting from 24/7 and repeated direct debt that was set up on my account. Here is the reply I received and there was no reference to my complaint about my boiler total breakdown. " I have reviewed your account and can see that you have not made 12 months worth of payments which is why you are getting the calls and the direct debit being re-set up. Your contract is a 12 month policy which is why you need to make the remaining 3 payments."
    It is useless replying or contacting "laurenh@247homerescue.co.uk" because it waste of time and you will only get reply from the same complaint team who have dealt with you. If the harassment and threatening behaviour continue I will involve the police and MP. I am logging every calls from 24/7. The company is obviously set up to rip-off the consumers. I will be contacting RIP-OFF BRITAIN and WATCHDOG. Also TRADING STANDARD.

It took out the cover with this (text removed by Forum team)awful company called 24/7 01/12/16. My boiler was scheduled to be serviced in June but no one turned up until I called in July and an appointment was booked for sometime in the middle of August. When the young engineer came, he said the boiler's pressure was high and he will report back to the office. He gave me a (text removed by Forum team)report that the boiler was in good condition and everything works as it should. When the boiler broke down and the 24/7 was requesting extra £70 from me, I refused and got on to another provider who came to check the boiler and told me the boiler was in a dangerous and had to shut the boiler down and issued me with warning/advice note due to something that spotted and ignored by 24/7. This 24/7 would have killer me and my household. I will not let this rest until I get justice. 24/7 still continues to call me (I saw their miss call again today). They also set up another direct debt yesterday. I will continue to upgrade this forum until the case is resolved. In the meantime, I am seeking legal advise.
  • mikep72
    Options
    I had no heating for 9 days, called 24/7 Home Rescue out with a £75 excess ( no problem). Took 30 hours for someone to come out and tell me my boiler was broken. He then decided it could be one of 3 problems and then decided for the actuator valve. At one point he said i would need a new boiler.
    After he decided to look at his watch numerous times and use my toilet he left after
    10 minutes. I received a call off 24/7 home serve the next day demanding £110 , even though I pay £24 a month. ( stating look at the small print) intermittent fault etc.. even though I called 24/7 Home Rescue out last year with the same problem and nothing was done.

Eventually the engineer came out and after looking at his watch and using my toilet again fitted the actuator valve but surprise surprise that wasn't the fault! He now told me I needed
    a new pump!
    I rang 24/ home rescue the next day and was told I would have to pay £190 for the job to be rectified and despite my claims of the engineer was Frank Spencer I was not listened too..
    Today I went on to you tube and watched a video on how to rectify a stuck pump in under 2 mins. I now have a full working central heating system and my plumbing skills are zero.
    I don't appriecate being without heating for 9
    days, losing 2 days off work, being lied too,
    being ignored, losing 2 house viewings.
    After reading trustpilot reviews it looks like they will lose a lot of customers.
    I tried to cancel the policy over the phone but they wanted a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out . Yes the customer service and the initial set up is good but when you need help it's 'look at the small print". And they may come and service your boiler but they certainly won't fix it ! They didn't service mine btw
  • 247homerescue
    247homerescue Posts: 128 Organisation Representative
    Options
    mikep72 wrote: »
    I had no heating for 9 days, called 24/7 Home Rescue out with a £75 excess ( no problem). Took 30 hours for someone to come out and tell me my boiler was broken. He then decided it could be one of 3 problems and then decided for the actuator valve. At one point he said i would need a new boiler.
    After he decided to look at his watch numerous times and use my toilet he left after
    10 minutes. I received a call off 24/7 home serve the next day demanding £110 , even though I pay £24 a month. ( stating look at the small print) intermittent fault etc.. even though I called 24/7 Home Rescue out last year with the same problem and nothing was done.

Eventually the engineer came out and after looking at his watch and using my toilet again fitted the actuator valve but surprise surprise that wasn't the fault! He now told me I needed
    a new pump!
    I rang 24/ home rescue the next day and was told I would have to pay £190 for the job to be rectified and despite my claims of the engineer was Frank Spencer I was not listened too..
    Today I went on to you tube and watched a video on how to rectify a stuck pump in under 2 mins. I now have a full working central heating system and my plumbing skills are zero.
    I don't appriecate being without heating for 9
    days, losing 2 days off work, being lied too,
    being ignored, losing 2 house viewings.
    After reading trustpilot reviews it looks like they will lose a lot of customers.
    I tried to cancel the policy over the phone but they wanted a cancellation fee because i called an engineer out . Yes the customer service and the initial set up is good but when you need help it's 'look at the small print". And they may come and service your boiler but they certainly won't fix it ! They didn't service mine btw

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I ask that you e-mail me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk and we can get this looked into for you.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue
    Social Media Advisor

Verified Company
    We are verified representatives of 247 Homerescue. MSE has given permission for us to post in response to queries about the company so that we can help solve issues. You can see our name on the Verified Companies list. We are not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe we are, please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of the company or its products by MSE.
  • JuneG
    Options
    Good idea. I'll do the same. All the posts on here reflect the exact same con. BER seems to be their 'get out. A total disgraceful company & absolute cowboys.
  • mikep72
    mikep72 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2018 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I ask that you e-mail me at socialmedia@247homerescue.co.uk and we can get this looked into for you.

Regards 24|7 Home Rescue

I have emailed this address and still no reply. Also emailed complaints 3 times without acknowledgement. !!!
  • Cd01
    Cd01 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 March 2018 at 1:19PM
    Options
    I have just rang these amateurs to report a faulty diverter valve, and leaking boiler. I've been told my I'm not covered as technically the hot water works when the heating is on. The fact that it's minus 5 and we have a baby doesn't interest them. We had been away for a few days and my mother in law discovered the problem, and because it wasn't reported in 24 hours we are not covered. Shocking company, been with them 8 months and still never had a service, was told I would have to pay upfront for that and get money back????

Told the uninterested member of staff to stick their contract. (Text removed by MSE Forum Team) with sub standard customer service. You pay more with a reputable company for a good reason. Avoid 24/7 at all costs!!
  • mikep72
    edited 25 October 2018 at 10:13AM
    Options
    {Text removed by MSE Forum Team} Need to take them to the small claims court. I can't believe people are signing up for these still. Ignore all of the replies from them on here because they don't get back to you. It's all PR. I have had several comments removed on Facebook.
    I wish they spent more time on customer services and fixing boilers than someone removing comments on Facebook at 10pm.
    9 days without heating and incompetent engineers. Look at the small print etc... I have not seen anyone who has had a repair done without having to pay for parts.
    The only positive reviews i have seen are for new customers who have had a service or the quality of their website. Please feel free to reply to this 24/7 Home Rescue because i have emailed yourselves 4 times now as requested with no reply.
  • sanjay202
    sanjay202 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2018 at 10:16AM
    Options
    Called them yesterday (Wednesday) for boiler breakdown. -6 degrees outside newborn baby inside. Received a phone call few hours later to say no one can get to us until (possibly) Friday. Found a local plumber and fixed the problem last night. WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF MY PREMIUM. They outsource and get engineers if/when they can. Disgusting service. 24/7 home rescue!

Easy to use website etc etc... but wait till you have to make a claim. Also i read on TRUSTPILOT many policies cancelled when you make a claim. {Text removed by MSE Forum Team}

Luckily we found a local gas engineer who came out within few hours sorted it and cost us less than half the excess 24/7 were charging.

This is at the foot of their complaints procedure so no recourse to an ombudsman. THEY ARE NOT REGULATED.

"The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulate businesses that deal with contracts of insurance. 24|7 Home Assist Limited are not regulated as we do not offer contracts of insurance and therefore complaints are not investigated by the Financial Ombudsman Service."
  • ddaddy
    ddaddy Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 25 October 2018 at 10:12AM
    Options
    Can you change your review on TrustPilot?
    If not, I suggest you contact TrustPilot {text removed by MSE Forum Team}.
  • mikep72
    Options
    ddaddy wrote: »
    Can you change your review on TrustPilot?
    If not, I suggest you contact TrustPilot and let them know you where conned into leaving a positive review.
    I edited my review last night.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure