First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's great :D

Glad to be an inspiration
    Thank you
    :A
    :beer:
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    Options
    If you need any info or advice I would be more than happy to help out mate :D
    Funnily enough, that particular brew is on my list of ones to try ;)

I would go for the starter kit set they do first and then get the 25L barrel with the tap (makes bottling off a doddle to do) which will give you the ability to brew larger batches of 40 pints... like the stout mix ;)
    Wilko have been a strong supporter of home brewers for years and their kit is top notch... even my gurus of brew swear by their gear... one of the reasons why I use them myself.

I'm making the trip next weekend to get the 25L barrel, a couple of brew cans (yeah, stout is one of em) some brewing sugar and carbonation sugar drops (for bottle conditioning). Even an Ale needs a bit of CO2 in it...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Scott_Weiland_2
    Options
    Thanks mate i have a wilkos on the way home from work. Hmmmm i will follow your advice ie the brewing kit first.
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like a brilliant day :D x
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Check your local ALDI to see if they have any of the Coopers Craft brew kits (the FV barrel kit that I have) as well cos the FV Barrel would be MUCH better that the bucket in that Woodfordes kit mate ;)

You know, I'm sure there should be a home brew section on the forums here lol
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Sounds like a brilliant day :D x

Thank you missus it has been lovely and I hope you've had a great day too
    (((((HUGS)))))
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    There was / is a thread in Old Style Moneysaving on brewing that I've just revived, I hope :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Evening folks :D

Another day almost done...
    Been a busy one again for me.
    Gonna kick back now n relax before bedtime.
    Hope you all had good days today too.
    My brew is bubbling away nicely and I got a feeling this is definitely going to be a good one ;)
    :beer:
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    I like the sound of your home brew. It's hubby's birthday soon, I think I may buy him a kit and if he doesn't use it, I will! Have a good day :)
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business