IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine - nwcp - please help

Options
Hello, I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed with a parking charge notice issued by NWCP.

I today left work to get my car from Preston Bus Station Car Park only to notice a PCN on my windscreen . I pay a private company £29.99 per month to park on the top two floors which is directly linked to my place of work.

The fine has been issued for the following reason;

' Not parked within the confines of an allocated parking bay'.

The car was parked within the bay and my driver side wheel was turned slightly which meant about a quarter of my wheel wasn't within the blue box painted on the floor. Despite this it was not impeding other drivers from parking in the next bay as there is a clearly defined area between each space.

I checked the NWCP website and it says they will not accept an appeal for the following reason; Your car was on or over the marked lines of a parking bay, the term “within the confines of an allocated parking bay,” means inside the marked white lines of the bay.

In this instance there are no white lines on this particular car park merely blue boxes painted on the floor. I have no idea how to proceed with this and what to do next. Can anyone provide any advice or guidance it will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    please remember the person that leases the car park from PCC also owns the parking company , craftily hidden under his wifes named

Mr "I own most of preston now" Rigby
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Titan2017
    Options
    So are you saying not only am I paying Mr Rigby to park my car on his leased land I'm also paying his company a fine for parking on his leased land?

Any suggestions on how I should proceed, I've read a few forums online saying to ignore the initial PCN and wait for the second letter to come through? Any help will be appreciated
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Titan2017 wrote: »
    So are you saying not only am I paying Mr Rigby to park my car on his leased land I'm also paying his company a fine for parking on his leased land?

Any suggestions on how I should proceed, I've read a few forums online saying to ignore the initial PCN and wait for the second letter to come through? Any help will be appreciated

YES , in future , just hand your keys to the parking attendant and TELL them to park it!!

<joking>
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    does your contact with NWCP state "see additional terms and conditions - available on site"
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Titan2017
    Options
    Cheers, no it doesn't say anything on there about further details online. It signposts me to the Independent Appeals Service but that's about it
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    no , I meant your contact at £29.99 per month ,

they simply cannot add on terms and conditions that are not in the contract

your contact stated 1 x parking space , at no point did it state a additiona fee for parking over a line

dont worry , if they push this to court , they usually (one case) make a proverbial %ock up http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=NW+Car+Parks+Ltd

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209494449-NW-Car-Parks-Ltd
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Titan2017
    Options
    Thanks waamo. I've had a read of the thread there's a lot of information to take in for a newbie. The PCN was issued by North West Car Parks and the IPC logo is used on the ticket.

Does this mean I should wait until 26th day to appeal and wait for their 2nd letter to arrive?

Sorry if I sound stupid :eek:
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Titan2017 wrote: »
    Thanks waamo. I've had a read of the thread there's a lot of information to take in for a newbie. The PCN was issued by North West Car Parks and the IPC logo is used on the ticket.

Does this mean I should wait until 26th day to appeal and wait for their 2nd letter to arrive?

Sorry if I sound stupid :eek:

probably , and I suggest not giving Mr rigby any more money and start using the park and ride in preston

the guy wants his cake and eat it , he realised that he could screw extra money from people ONLY allowed on those floors , £100 per ticket is almost 4 mths extra income in his coffers
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,740 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can anyone provide any advice or guidance it will be greatly appreciated.

IPC firm guidance in the NEWBIES thread says send the appeal only after a NTK arrives.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure