Anyone with a 25 year endowment which matured recently ?

Options

Comments

• Crag30
    Crag30 Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've one of these CIS Endowments to mature in a couple of years time, with similar premium, although sum assured was around £16,000, and I'd be happy with a similar payout.
    Forecasts for value at maturity, from years 3-5 were too good to be true
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 April 2016 at 2:59PM
    Options
    Husband's Standard life has just paid out.
    Been warning red for years but we just made alternative plans and kept it running paying £65.80 pcm.

Most recent projection, a year ago, had it paying out £32k at 1.5% but it actually paid out £40k which was better than expected. Still somewhat sort of the £54,000 it was supposed to be aiming for but hey ho!

I have a Phoenix Life one maturing next month - today's estimate is 36k against a target of £41,800 so again it could have been a lot worse. It still has a month to run.

Then just a joint Scottish Widows one next January and I never have to use the word endowment ever again!!!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • angela110660
    angela110660 Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Husband's Standard life has just paid out.
    Been warning red for years but we just made alternative plans and kept it running paying £65.80 pcm.

Most recent projection, a year ago, had it paying out £32k at 1.5% but it actually paid out £40k which was better than expected. Still somewhat sort of the £54,000 it was supposed to be aiming for but hey ho!

I have a Phoenix Life one maturing next month - today's estimate is 36k against a target of £41,800 so again it could have been a lot worse. It still has a month to run.

Then just a joint Scottish Widows one next January and I never have to use the word endowment ever again!!!
    Thanks for the info re Standard Life. Can you say if that final figure included the MEP - Mortgage Endowment Promise? Ours due out in just over a year but nowhere near what we originally signed for sadly but like you making alternative arrangements.
  • TescoMum
    TescoMum Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When my endowment was looking like it would give me a big shortfall, I decided to remortgage to capital & interest repayment.

I still carried on with the payments on the endowment though, it will help to knock a chunk off the mortgage at least!

:)
    TescoMum :-)

Always Ask Yourself...Do I Really Need It?

If Not then Sell It!

Even Better - Don't buy it in the First Place :-)
  • blibster
    Options
    25 yr Std Life matured May 2016 (taken out in 1991)
    Monthly premium £71
    Original Home Loan £55,500
    Sum Assured £18,700
    Maturity value £34,200
    MEP £6,800
    Total payout £41,000

Not too unhappy (thanks to the MEP), but still mightly pleased I paid off my home loan by other means.
  • istanbul20052016
    Options
    I have a Royal London ( formerly Scottish Life ) endowment due to mature in October 2016
    My monthly premiums are £78.56 over 25 years, has anybody else had a similar policy mature recently so I have a rough idea as to what to expect ? (terminal bonus etc )
    Thank you, any advise would be greatly appreciated.
  • blibster
    Options
    Best way to find out is to give them a call and ask for the current value
  • BirnamBear
    BirnamBear Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    25 year endowment taken out with Standard Life in March 1992 for £60,000.
    Have been paying £86.40 a month and in February this year got my annual statement 6 weeks before settlement saying it was worth £38,000.This did not include the MEP.
    Well it paid out on the 23rd of March and I got 51k ...not too shabby
    I was pleasantly surprised,I'm guessing there was a final bonus in there along with the MEP guarantee from Standard Life.
    12 panels south facing,8 panels south-east facing,4KWP system,pitch 40 degrees,Aurora inverter & location is sunny Glasgow.
  • missblogg
    missblogg Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Not too shabby indeed...Cogratulations:beer:
  • angela110660
    angela110660 Posts: 929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooh that is fab for you! Hope it bodes well for our similar policy due out next year
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback