What shall I do? Did i hit a car?

Options
Hi,

I was just reversing a felt a little touch. I am pretty sure it was a rock that somebody had put on their grass verge to stop people parking on it. However, I am now panicking whether it was a parked car I did not see? I was minimal touch and my car has a tiniest scratch. What shall I do? Do I play on the side of caution and contact police? I do not want to get done for driving away - but I could have been a rock? Worrying here!

Any ideas?

Comments

• cgloss96
    cgloss96 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Do you reckon contacting 101 would be a good idea?
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    Where is the scratch?
  • cgloss96
    Options
    Where is the scratch?

rear left. below the back lights.
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    cgloss96 wrote: »
    rear left. below the back lights.

Big rock then.
  • cgloss96
    Options
    Big rock then.

I returned to the road and they're large rocks that people put to stop people parking on their grass.
  • Roland_Sausage
    Options
    So if there was big rocks there to prevent people parking, surely there couldn’t have been a parked car?
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    I returned to the road and they're large rocks that people put to stop people parking on their grass.

Large enough to do the damage?
  • cgloss96
    Options
    Large enough to do the damage?

potentially. If damage on my car is very minimal (slight scratch). My worry is that I get done for driving away from an accident? I didnt see a car behind on the grass verge, if there was one and definitely no lights on. But what about if they were sat in the car or walking towards the car?

Any advice? Do I stay up and stop worrying or contact 101 informing them that I dont know whether I have just hit a car/rock?
  • Shaun_of_the_Dead
    Options
    potentially. If damage on my car is very minimal (slight scratch). My worry is that I get done for driving away from an accident? I didnt see a car behind on the grass verge, if there was one and definitely no lights on. But what about if they were sat in the car or walking towards the car?

Any advice? Do I stay up and stop worrying or contact 101 informing them that I dont know whether I have just hit a car/rock?

I'm starting to think there's more to this story.

Why didn't you get out and look at the time?

If you're going to report it to the police you're meant to do it in person. They can't breath test you on 101.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Do you reckon contacting 101 would be a good idea?
    If the OP wants to report it to the police he needs to do that in person, not 101. And as soon as reasonably practicable and in any case within 24 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure