Comments

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 28 April 2012 at 5:17PM
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    checked in store scanning at £1.15:(

Some one mentioned the Highland spring 12 pack scanning at 82p on here a couple of week ago but scanning at £3.87 in my store unfortunately!

Have just got two packs of the Highland Spring in my store, and they were marked at 82p and scanned at 82p. These are handy for filling up from the big bottles.

They also had the 6 large Evian water packs with SEL of 91p. I didnt bother with that because someone actually fills our large empties with Buxton Spring water - which is free,
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Legendmum wrote: »
    Hey guys I have just found a till spit in Tesco for £12 off £80 spend! Also have a £4 off £30 and a £6 off £30 and the helping hand voucher too! Could I use them all together on an £80 shop?

Would be good to try on a 'dummy run' when the helping hand comes into date. Get a few items of clothing (so as not so much for staff to put back), see what they will accept/scans through, then 'forget' your switch. If it works get the shopping you really wanted another time.

i would try this but I haven't got any S&S and don't seem to get them lately - only got the £10 off £80 one.
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2012 at 5:31PM
    Options
    Fudge_Cake wrote: »
    Evening guys :)

I am in soooo much pain with toothache :(:(:( It's affecting one entire side of my mouth. When I had it filled (my only filling) he expected to do a root canal but thankfully in the end he just filled it but said next time it will mean a root canal and I am PETRIFIED of the dentist because local anaesthetic doesn't work on me :eek: So atm I'm trying to cope with paracetamol and Corsodyl. It isn't too bad in the day but at night :eek::mad::(

Great whoopsies for me tonight :T:j

Westie - Japanese toilets sound horrific!! :eek:

emmlouie and Laura Cello - :beer: Congrats on getting the schools you wanted for your lo's :A

brazer - Welcome to the thread :hello:

bubbs - I hope you're ok after the funeral you attended today :A

Nannylala - Hope you had a lovely day with your friend :A

darkvelv - Congrats on having you OH well trained ;):beer:

Miss Laid - Hope you've had a fantastic time at the party tonight and managed to find a pashmina :)

magicowen - Thank you so much, you're so thoughtful and kind. So glad to hear it's not rained yet. I hope it continues and you have a fantastic time, you deserve it :A

Call of Trouty - :beer:Great news about your leg. From the way you described it, it immediately made me think 'blood clot' :eek: But thank goodness it's not :T Seriously not an experience I want to repeat! :eek:

tigerwhite - Thank you :) Sorry to hear about your DS' tantrum and that it upset you :( Hope you're feeling better this evening :A

Nikki - :jFab effort with walking, hope you continue to enjoy it :TGets even better in the summer ;):D

jamsponge - Ooooh cryptic!!! I so look forward to reading of your exploits! :TWell done, whatever it is, sounds like you've been working very hard on it! :j

3dogs - Sorry to hear Alan was feeling so exhausted after moving the chair yesterday. So pleased it sounds like your day turned around though and everything worked out well in the end :A

penniesforme - Glad you had a lovely time away :)

purdy - WOW! I never thought about looking at the cooking time :jThat's an amazing tip :TThank you!

QOC - :(:(:( Really does sound like the day from hell, you poor thing!! Hope you managed to relax this evening and de-stress a little :A It's the weekend now :jPoor OH though :( Oh and what's lethal about these kitkats?!

celebrate - :rotfl::TLove the tale of bargainous soap. I do like being smug about my bargains when I've been mocked :p Sorry work sounds so hellish for you :(:(:A

JJ - Fabby news about Mum :T:jSo pleased to hear she's making great progress, long may it continue :D And thank you so much for the bread recipe. I hope you realise what a fantastic cook you are, your food always looks scrumptious! I will definitely give the bread recipe a bash! :A

Congrats to all those that got Cravendale....my first attempt at it, entered 3 times and won zilch :( (story of my life! :o)

And sorry the orders for T's luggage are being cancelled :(:mad: I've not received my cancellation email YET...fingers crossed!!! :A

Only noticed a couple of things in T's;

Wotsits 16pk = £2 (think they're discontinued so perhaps store specific)

Velvet toilet roll 24pk = £7 !!! (think there may be coupons kicking around still too ;)) Only valid until 1/5! .... and currently not showing on A's so could be a goer on a JTD shop ;)

And also I think they've discontinued Value Custard Creams! :mad:

ETA:

Call of Trouty - Glad you had a fab night :D

Issyc - Don't feel bad, it's T's bloomin system that's to blame! xxxx

right working forwards catching up today:rotfl:

fudge cake take my hat of to you, you managed THIS post with unbearable toothache??:A:A:A:A
    hope you are a bit better today, i would go for it with the amoxil but what are you going to do when you run out, have you got a follow up appointment? you sould be able to get some from the emergency/out of hours dental service-most areas have one
    ps you'll need your inr checking in a week when you've finished the antibiotics x
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • dcon_blue
    dcon_blue Posts: 1,181 Forumite
    Options
    Right .... no laughing (well not too much please) ... I've just been trying to superglue a pair of mum's reading glasses (broken bridge) ... well you can guess the rest! Any ideas to release my finger without taking the skin off as well? :o:(
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    dcon_blue wrote: »
    Right .... no laughing (well not too much please) ... I've just been trying to superglue a pair of mum's reading glasses (broken bridge) ... well you can guess the rest! Any ideas to release my finger without taking the skin off as well? :o:(

Acetone? Do you have any nail varnish remover?

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Or:
    Skin
    Immerse bonded areas in warm, soapy water. Peel or roll skin apart; a spatula or teaspoon handle or even a pencil will help. Remove cured adhesive with warm, soapy water (may take several applications). Fingernail polish remover with an acetone base has also been successful for removal of cured adhesive from skin.

http://www.supergluecorp.com/removingsuperglue.html

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • aallank
    aallank Posts: 2,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just took the 4 Goodfella's Pizza's through SS and when i scanned the £2.50 off coupon it asked for assistance!!!! :eek::eek:
    I was sooooo worried, but luckily the SS assistance just accepted it, but it could have gone sooo wrong, wont be doing that again in a hurry :rotfl::rotfl:
  • brand8
    brand8 Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fudge_Cake wrote: »
    Before I forget....I've been meaning to do this for a while now;

:grouphug::A Hugs for Brand8:A:grouphug:
    thanx so much for the hugs we are doing great here nice to know you get so much support on here i just love it :T:T:T
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2012 at 5:29PM
    Options
    dcon_blue wrote: »
    Celebrate ... you're a popular lady! Your inbox is full!

sorry
    no i'm not popular just lazy, alot of old ones needed deleting, done, sorry!!
    Can't say it better than Issyc just did, Thank you Celebrate :)

And at risk of sounding like I am setting up somemutual appreciation society (:D), you are one of my fav elite contributors. So much energy and enthusiasm when you have to be living an incredibly majorly full-on life with all your commitments and everything that is going on - take my hat off to you. xx

lol i am knackered most of the time and wonder why, my OH would love me to be a kept woman but he knows working keeps me out of T's, he's worried what a ban might do my reputation if it ever became public :eek::eek::eek::eek:, my friends and family see me as the tight but generous (I think you MSE'ers will know exactly what i mean with that-i won't pay more than i have to for anything, however when it comes to giving gifts i am always splashing out on friends and family -if not just to reduce the stock levels:o:o:o)

by the way i'm not out to win friends or influence people, i just say it the way it is;) got me into alot of trouble over the years though:(

well i'm home and no shopping today:(
    lovely kid's party at xscape, had lunch in pizza express, couldn't find the voucher (thanks call of trouty) until the end of the meal,

voucher deal was pizza, starter and desert- had already ordered a cheapo magherita pizza and an expensive one

waitress thought i was hilarious asking for the garlic bread at the end of the meal (beacuse of the voucher):rotfl::rotfl:
    then she bought 6 spoons out with our one slice of fudge cake and ice cream:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

then bill came and they had included the cheapest pizza in the offer not the dear one-technical issue

so waitress talks to manager and he alters the bill for us, small saving but every little helps

OH had left me with his CC while he fetched the card and couldn't for the life of me remember his pin, so got a warning on the 3rd attempt that it was my last try or else:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

waitress looked at me like i was totally mental:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

knew i should have taken sandwiches:A:A:A:A:A
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure