Plusnet refuses to negotiate!

Options
astroL
astroL Posts: 72 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 14 September 2019 at 4:31PM in Broadband & internet access
My line renter saver is 'renewable' in a few days and I noticed that there are good deals elsewhere. However, when I rang Plusnet to discuss this (renewal = £197) they refused to - telling me that I am 'under contract'! But its about to run out, I said. He was adamant that I could not get out of it. I don't like this situation at all.
Any suggestions?
Lawrence H

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wait 'tll its expired and then ring don't think you'll have much joy negotiating line rental saver price though, not on its own.
  • Have a look at Manage Account > Account summary and see what it says re how long is left on your contract. Here's a link:
    https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,872 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Plusnet do seem to be getting less flexible in matching other deals. Their response to the cheaper broadband offer I had found was "move to them then." I did get a better deal after a bit of haggling, but not as much as I had hoped for.
    You won't get a discount on a line rental saver, but may get something on the whole package if it's due at the same time.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • If you mention the PO deal, they offer £17 per month for standard broadband.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    I instigated a switch to Shell Energy, then rang Plusnet retentions a week before the switch date - I was all ready to haggle but they came straight out with a significantly better deal than Shell inc weekend calls (which are important to me), so I bit their hand off.
  • Richard_T_
    Richard_T_ Posts: 349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 September 2019 at 3:38PM
    Options
    I recently renewed with plusnet, to start with I took no notice of line retnal saver, and just found some other ISPs that had better offers than the rolling plusnet price.

It was Just a case of quoting these deals at plusnet retentions together and then seeing if they would equal or better them - also ask for a 12 month contract ( as it will tie in with line rental saver but dont ask for line rental saver or mention it until the end)
    the ISPs in the comparison list were:
    Origin
    Vodafone
    Talk Talk
    Shell energy

As far as i know the Line rental saver offer is non negotiable ( not all providers offer it) and you should only take this up/ask for it once you have negoitated your main monthly price
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure