Economy Seven Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• bbruce
    bbruce Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I noticed my Fischer Energy DD had disappeared and a new one for Foxglove Energy appeared. I took great pleasure in cancelling it before they called on it!

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • chancery_lane
    Options
    The economyseven.co.uk/Terms-and-conditions say:

7.3 Paying by direct debit means:

Your monthly standard direct debit amount will be fixed based on the amount of energy we think you’ll use each year of your contract divided by 12

So suggest to all to write a complaint as the hike is a clear breach of terms and conditions using the template on citizens advice.
  • olympusmegavolt
    Options
    E7E changed my DD to what I consider an acceptable and fair level, based on my energy usage projections that are reasonable accurate.

THEN, I receive new email increasing the tariffs BUT would you believe, the gas has gone up 35% !!!!

My spradsheet tells me that this adds 20% to my annual bill of around £1k .which brings their tariff into the range of BG an Npower.

I advised and practiced caution when this debacle began but I am concluding that it must be a planned suicide.
  • bbruce
    bbruce Posts: 369 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The new gas rate puts Eco7 dual at the same annual amount as my new deal with greennetworkenergy but I now have peace of mind for 2 years.
    Thanks cheapenergyclub!

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 30 November 2018 at 2:31AM
    Options
    The economyseven.co.uk/Terms-and-conditions say:

Your monthly standard direct debit amount will be fixed based on the amount of energy we think you’ll use each year of your contract divided by 12

So suggest to all to write a complaint as the hike is a clear breach of terms and conditions using the template on citizens advice.

You need to be careful when electing to quote only part of a term that you do not take that out of context.

Here is the full term on which you suggest to all to write a complaint as the hike is a clear breach of terms and conditions

Your monthly standard direct debit amount will be fixed based on the amount of energy we think you’ll use each year of your contract divided by 12. We can increase the standard direct debit amount if necessary to cover your consumption.
    We aim to review your standard direct debit where necessary, to make sure you are paying enough to cover the energy you use, or offer to reduce your standard direct debit if it’s too high.
    We may not reduce your standard direct debit payments unless we have up-to-date meter readings for your account.
    Also

You must keep your account in credit by paying for the supply in advance.
    You agree to contact us before the direct debit is taken from your bank account if you believe your bill is incorrect.
    We will carry any debit or credit balance forward to the next month’s bill.
    You must give us an up-to-date meter reading at least every 30 days.
    https://economyseven.co.uk/Terms-and-conditions.aspx
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    Just had another email giving details of a price rise on January 1st 2019 .. Happy New Year ..

As I have said previously in this thread, it's virtually impossible to compare companies with such a volatile market, if you swap it feels like out if frying pan into fire .. only knowing by what and when other companies are about to adjust their prices can you be sure a move is worth it.

It's a nightmare ... only a very close watch, a personal spreadsheet, and a lot of work, which I do, enables me to understand and decide the best deal, comparison alone is no good, unless you know each companies price rise cycle, Martin needs to get this built into his model somehow, not everyone has time or can be bothered individually ...
  • olympusmegavolt
    Options
    You are spot on Ecclebrick.
    You really have to develop your own spreadsheet to keep abreast of what is happening.

A further aspect I have picked up is an issue if you have an economy 7 duel tariff meter. A few years back, you generally had to consume >25% night usage to gain a price advantage over a single rate meter.
    I noticed now that you commonly have to consume at least 45% to achieve this, and if you cannot, you are better off on the single rate tariff. Some suppliers allow you to combine the day and night usage readings to negate this, quite significant, effect.
    Unfortunately you need your own spreadsheet or use simultaneous equations to work this out as, clearly, the energy club calculator cannot make such distinctions.
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    Electric%20Costs%20Graph.jpg?dl=0

Above is a link to the graph of my tariffs for the past two years, EDF then E7E, easy to spot the change, ... But I do not know the latest tariffs for EDF, which I know are a lot higher now.

May help some decide on swapping ..
  • ecclebrick
    Options
    Electric%20Costs%20Graph.jpg?dl=0

Missing link from above ... Sorry ..
  • Rossward
    Rossward Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 December 2018 at 4:04PM
    Options
    I am just leaving Economy Seven Energy after only two months - never reply to emails and have increased my tariff twice in the past two weeks. The communications issued to relay the price rises has been unprofessional and is confusing and despite complaining, I heard nothing back. Best resolution was to vote with my feet and I switched using the MSE energy saving calculator. Hopefully I will have a better experience having selected top pick of energy suppliers.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback