Giffgaff goodwill fund

Options
jaybeetoo
jaybeetoo Posts: 1,337 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
After the recent O2 outage, giffgaff set aside £1m as compensation.

You could apply, if you were inconvenienced, and decide whether you wanted your compensation to go to charity or to receive money off your next bill. I chose for my money to go to charity. It didn’t take Einstein to work out the individual compensation would be tiny.

About 60% of people decided to have money off their next bill. They’ve each received 90p. I hope they feel the money they’ve received has had a bigger impact on them than it would have done to the homeless.

Comments

• unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is a personal whether somebody donates to a charity and also which charities they donate to.

If giff gaff really care about the homeless then they could just donate £1 million themselves.

If you feel that strongly then i suggest all you people who agreed to your money going to charity stump up the money the 60% accepted. After all, it's not a lot - £1.35 per person.
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    What you'll find is that there are many many GiffGaff customers who chose to donate their 90p to charity (Crisis UK) but what has actually happened is that GiffGaff have messed it up and given people airtime credit instead.

GiffGaff seems powerless now to do anything about it.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Regarding the OPs comments i would find it offensive that i am forced to give anything to any charity not of my own choosing . Just as i find his post offensive .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure