Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone. Found the 3 roll sellotape packs that were 25p each for 10p today. Bought all 7 on the shelf. Think I have about 20 now as bought a few at 25p as thought that was a good deal.
    When I was getting my shopping today saw caramel freddos marked as 5 for £1. Went through till correct but not on apg so invisible trigger.
    Sorry if already posted.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So we did make it to Liverpool today - OH even set his alarm so he wasn't still lounging in bed at 10 ococlock like he has taken to doing at the weekend ...
    And there was no bus replacement service - that he def invented .

So we had frangipane slices and lattes in John Lewis with our vouchers - only got sent two sadly.

We went to Patisserie Valerie to get my free birthday cupcake - the email came during the week and you either have to show the email or print if off - this might be the form
    https://www.pvcakeclub.co.uk/
    These are about £2.65 each and the lemon frosting is 2 inches thick :) and they put the cupcake in a cute box.

Also went to Bodyshop to use my free £5 birthday gift. The girls said that you can choose anything including sale things. There were some nice scented candles in boxes for about £6 which would be good for gifts and some travel sized shower gels for £1 for Christmas stockings of it you make your own Christmas crackers etc. I went though for Italian summer fig eau de toilette cello wrapped in a pretty patterned box reduced from £18 to £6 so I just had £1 to pay in real money :)

https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/fragrance/eau-de-toilette/italian-summer-fig-eau-de-toilette/p/p000478

Again a nice little gift if you are building up your stocks of presents for Mothers day/Valentines day/birthdays etc

I had screen shot the email on my phone which gave details of my points and the £5 so all the girl had to do was put my email into the till and then scan the box, the £5 off was automatically applied.

Then we went to marks sale but it still didn't seem to be the final managements reductions of 90& off and there was only about 1/4 of a rail of size 14s and 16s - the other skinny 8s and 10s or size 20 and over :( - so I found nothing of any interest
    But at least I did the return I needed to do and the food hall was sampling the wine from this weeks meal deal so that was very acceptable.

Graze has a promo stand on a street corner giving away promo packs of their protein packs, little squares, very useful for emergency supplies in handbags - so we went past a couple of times.

Then we went back via Greggs and got 2 cheese and bacon wraps for £3.40 and used an AP £3 voucher - just 40p to pay - to eat on the train coming home.

so
    posh cupcake from Patisserie Valerie
    perfume from body shop
    2 cheese and bacon wraps from Greggs
    2 lattes and cakes from John Lewis
    several graze protein squares
    wines sampling In Marks
    total spend only £1.40 :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy belated Birthday Mhoc x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    edited 27 January 2018 at 5:47PM
    Options
    Then on the way home OH took me to Co-op - I think he was hoping to get some of the Co-op cloudy lemonade but that totally went out of my head ...
    I found some reduced low fat mince, two packs and 2 big pork chops with fat on them - not ultra cheap as proper RTC just never happens around here in any store, big or small. But the freezer is looking very deplete and beggars cant be choosers. And enough for 5 meals for the meat eaters so happy enough with that.

At the till the lady told me to always hand over my blue C0-0p card firstly and only then my NUS card as the NUS is a form of payment and it confuses the till if you give them in the wrong order - I never realised that! So now they are in a purse slot in the right order in readiness for next time.

I've done 3 Co-op shops without getting a coupon and so I was worried that I would not get one this time :( but the till gave me 50p off pet food - very happy with this one.
    Last time I got 4 little foil trays as a treat for Sophie cat who thinks she is a princess :) This time the little foil trays were on offer for 25p each so I got 3 trays again and with the NUS discount and the Coop discount they came to 18p - the till lady was very pleased with this!

So I've still got to get the cloudy lemonade :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Happy belated Birthday Mhoc x

It was ages back - trying to avoid even thinking about it

Eldest child had her Big Birthday this week as well but her Birthday Bash wont be until February
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek:

Crisis - friend has AGAIN been to cr4ppy hair dresser. We need to buy dye asap
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• bubbs
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    It was ages back - trying to avoid even thinking about it

Eldest child had her Big Birthday this week as well but her Birthday Bash wont be until February

Oh sorry thought i had missed it:o Hope she had a good birthday :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Crisis - friend has AGAIN been to cr4ppy hair dresser. We need to buy dye asap

Oh no!!:eek: surprised you dont have a stock of them :p
  • BarleySugar
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Hello :wave:
    Anyone any advice tried and tested too get gloss out of a carpet please?:eek: its only a little bit but has eyes like a hawk:rotfl::rotfl:

Bubbs,

To remove the paint from the carpet, try using a normal razor. The blade scrapes the paint off with a tiny bit of fluff from the carpet. HTH
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 January 2018 at 12:04PM
    Options
    why take the pish on such a good promo...talk about flogging the goose that laid the golden egg :(
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family