Options
2»

Comments

• frugalmacdugal
    frugalmacdugal Posts: 10,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,

you must have an idea what your monthly bills are, say £200, so you give girlfriend £100 on her payday.
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get paid on the 15th of the month and my husband gets paid weekly. I have set up some of my direct debits to come out on 17th of the month (out of my money) and then my husband pays me his half of the bills money just before the 1st of the month and his money pays the rest of the direct debits. You can change the collection dates on most direct debits

It works for us and to help me I have created myself a tick list spreadsheet that I print off 4 to a page like a 'shopping list' and every couple of days I log into my bank account and tick off the bills as they show they have been paid.

I also have an account I use just as a 'bills account' where we both put the money in and the direct debits do their job. I keep 'spending' money in my Tesco bank account and get clubcard points every time I use my card.
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
    Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024
  • Tome
    Tome Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys. I think i will go with the divide the monthly figure by 4 and the money left in there is a little treat.

Thanks all!
  • reason2
    reason2 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    Tome wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replys. I think i will go with the divide the monthly figure by 4 and the money left in there is a little treat.

Thanks all!
    not the way to do it.

mine is the same, paid weekly, bills monthly.

all you do is add up your monthly bills, times it by 12, divide it by 52 and half that figure.
    far too many replies on this when that is the only answer.

and who ever said there is no 5 week month, there are plenty of 5 payday months for weekly payers, hence the need to do the above other wise you end up over paying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure