Flogas 13kg butane

Options
Hello.

My dad has 2 gas cabinet heaters that use 13kg bottles.
He uses 1 heater in the dining room as there is no c/h radiator in there over the winter months and the other heater in the lounge.

I was talking to him the other day and he mentioned about connecting the cylinder and heaters up ready for the winter so i went round and done that for him.

He has 2 cylonders but 1 is empty so i went to Gasdeals where he has got the cylinders from fro 4 years and they were £29 for 13kg.

Last night i was going to order them and i noticed that they were £29 for 12kg Flogas cylinder so they have reduced the bottle size.

If you buy 1 cylinder and they collect the empty it's £29 but what will happen if they collect the empty 13kg cylinder and replace it with a 12kg cylinder will that mean he can only buy 12kg cylinders from now on as they may not take the 13kg cylinder in exchange for a new 12kg cylinder?

On Flogas's website they still sell 13kg cylinders but for £36 per cylinder.

Has anybody else noticed the small sized contents being sold for the same price?

I have emailed Gasdeals but i have not got a reply back.

Comments

• TawnyMan
    Options
    You need to check whether it is Butane or Propane. I have been using Flogas Propane for 10 years in my Motorhome and it has always been 11 kg whereas butane is 13 kg. Did you get the cylinders you have from Flogas? Calor Propane is in 13kg.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All domestic room heaters must use Butane (as, allegedly it's not permitted to keep propane cylinders indoors). https://www.calor.co.uk/gas-bottles/gas-cylinder-safety/storing-gas-bottles
    {Although those emergency heaters taken into shops and offices are propane.}

Flogas as far as I can see both Butanes they have (two different regulator sizes) are 13kg and the same price.

Calor do 15kg butane cylinders.

https://gasdeal.co.uk/product/13kg-butane-gas-cylinder/ is a completely different gas supplier and cylinder size. They probably should not exchange for Flogas (or Calor) cylinders of any size; but may not care?
    You might have a problem on next time to exchange one of those cylinders?

You'd be best ringing round local Flogas stockists, as they may offer a better price than the main website, collected or even delivered?
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you the replies.

I used to get good deals on 13kg butane cylinders from Gasdeals over the past 2/3 years but this Autumn they changed the cylinder supplier and as you may have seen on the website to gasandgo and the cylinder size is now 12kg.

I didn't want to order the newer size and exchange my 2 x 13kg cylinders as i have looked at some of the reviews and people were saying that they never got a refund on the cylinders they exchanged as they were different size to the 12kg delivered.

I have seen gottle advertising 13kg 21mm cylinders for £29.99 but i have never used them so i will ring around my local Flogas dealers to see what price they will offer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure