Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My nsd may just have been broken by spending money on toys for kitten. Everytime I think about spending I think would it be better in my spotted hanky fund ..or ?? And every time till today the spotted hanky fund wins. Kitten needs toys :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Couldn't agree more Watty! (Sorry for leading you astray though!)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• carolcarol
    Options
    Well done! Mindset is the first thing to get right and you are well on your way. It feels insignificant at first just paying off a tiny bit more but with compound interest in reverse, magic things can happen! X
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Awwww there’s some happy kitties in mfw households this week :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy (very!) belated birthday :bdaycake:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • themadvix
    edited 16 January 2018 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Thanks NewGirly! Kitten - does that mean you've ordered a frenzy too? Your boys will love it!

Morning all!

Feeling a bit peeved this morning as gift card code for Z00plus finally turned up from SB, only to discover on checkout that it expired on 1/1/18 (i.e. before I put in for it!). Have emailed SBs and hope to get a speedy conclusion - was/am waiting for the code before ordering the boys' special food. I don't really need the code if I can't use it for this order - it'll be ages before I order from them again. Hmm... not impressed. (I have already had an initial response however, whilst typing this.)

Had a really productive day yesterday - focused and got all work finished and managed to do some wallpaper stripping. DH had diarised our (Youtube) yoga session, so we did that too. We do find that putting it in the diary means we stick to things (kitty playtime is in there - otherwise we'd just forget).

No work as yet today, so just pootling on t'Interweb until I've had my cuppa and then must crack on with wallpaper, homework for evening class and the dreaded call to Sky about Internet and phone line. I detest it, but it's *so* worth it. We won't be staying with them unless we can get the bill down dramatically from what it's about to go up to. (I feel today may involve *some* procrastination!)

It's lovely outside today, so I'll definitely be going for a walk too at some point.

MS things:
    * Reached SBs target yesterday (much faffing required here too KC). It's pootling along in the background now too.
    * OP at £11.60. No PA surveys yesterday though. VB at £7.80
    * MS rewards done
    * Freezer meals tonight for dinner
    * Cancelled milk for tomorrow as not needed (but buying more expensive veg box this week, so probably cancelled out!)

NY resolutions:
    * 9,600 steps yesterday - I just couldn't manage the last few (I think my jogging/walking on the spot next to DH was driving him slightly mad):rotfl:
    * Kitty playtime, podcast and yoga done. Did a different yoga video - with some mega stretches in it - didn't realise my body would bend some of the directions (and it didn't in others! :rotfl:)

Gratitudes:
    * A brief break in the rain meant I a) didn't get soaked walking to PO and b) got some fresh air
    * Glorious sunshine this morning
    * More colouring in colouring book - very soothing

Have a good day all!

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• themadvix
    Options
    Sky - done! :D equivalent of £18.99/month for broadband, phone and eve and weekend calls. I'm very happy with that.

Off for a walk in the sunshine with mum now.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a very good result with sky! Well done!

And I'm all for happy/frenzied kitties :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    Options
    Morning (just) all!

SBs haven't replied properly yet to my query about the gift card, so I've sent them another message. I also did a whole survey (75 SBs) and then was told I didn't qualify.... so I've messaged them about that too. None too impressed today.

Have plenty of work to be doing, however, and I need to finish stripping the wallpaper in the dining room today. We're off to the cinema tonight (again!) and hoping to have a free dinner out first (Pizza Express, with MS rewards vouchers), so I need to get it done, or we'll have to eat at home.

Had a lovely walk with Mum yesterday, and explored a bit of parkland that we've known about for a long time, but never been to. Will definitely be going back - there's plenty we didn't get to see and it will be lovely to see the seasons change there.

MS things:
    * SBs :mad::mad:
    * Have opened a new current account with existing bank with the intention of becoming a bank tart :D It's about time!
    * Work, work, work
    * Will use vouchers and vouchers for dinner out tonight :D, bill should be small :)

NY resolutions:
    * Podcast definitely paying off for evening class
    * Yoga - only 5 mins this morning, but it's now diarised for every evening with DH
    * Kitty playtime... done
    * 10k steps yesterday (but slacking today, need to get cracking

Gratitudes:
    * Lovely walk yesterday
    * Good evening class
    * Countryfile magazine arrived today (birthday present from Mum, when I sort out the subscription)
    * Surprise parcel arrived for me - birthday present from BIL - small hamper of edible goodies, largely plastic-free :) Very exciting!

Have a good day all!

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats a lovely summary.

And bank tarting too :D once my Regular Saver finishes, I'm joining in :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income