IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN for showing expired Blue Badge in error

Options

Comments

• claire07
    claire07 Posts: 659 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes all the 'red letters' I received (Final Demand Notice, Demand for Payment, Final Demand) were from Vehicle Control Services.

It's the calm before the storm at present as I have sent a SAR to VCS, a rebuttal to their LBC and yet another complaint to the landowner!
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Looks as if VCS/Excel have changed the way they operate and have stopped using the collection agents. Also the cases seem to be going through more quickly.

Whereabouts was your parking incident? I will avoid any Excel/VCS car parks now like the plague.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Options
    What is interesting is that the NTK was from Excel. If the contract is between the landowner and Excel then only Excel can pursue the claim through the court not VCS. Even then the landowner has to give authority.

They have on occasions tried to sue in one name when the contract with the landowner was in another. You must keep requesting landowner authority on everything that you send to them now. They will probably not provide it until the WS but keep asking.

• Snakes_Belly
    Options
    I don't know if you have seen this but there are some contact names.

https://governance.wmca.org.uk/documents/s1605/Park%20and%20Ride%20Report.pdf

• claire07
    Options
    The paper Notice to Keeper came from VCS (after a This is not a Parking Charge Notice was left on the windscreen) but the email rejecting my appeal came from Excel Parking Services.

The whereabouts of the parking incident was Northfield Railway Station with the Notice to Keeper giving the site as Centro Park & Ride Private Land despite some of the signs also mentioning railway byelaws.

The landowner was Centro, then Network West Midlands and now Transport for West Midlands (I have complained over the past year to all three but they are still based in the original building).
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2019 at 9:18AM
    Options
    claire07 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the replies and support. If I were 30 years younger I would like to cause them aggravation and counter-claim. Unfortunately now my mental and physical sharpness are not robust enough to deal with the stress involved. I just want it to be over.

I'll send VCS a reply to the AoS as suggested and also have another go at getting some response from Network West Midlands.

I presume I still need to send a SAR as in Newbie thread post 2?

Wow, what a depressing post.

I do not know how old you are Claire, but I am 79 in a few weeks and I would love to be in a position to give these scammers a bloody nose.

Last year I took a dentist to court for a property scam and it cost him over £1000, I got £300 from Santander for mortgage misinformation, £300 from an Estate Agent, and £100 from the Court Service because they did not do their job properly.

Try sticking up for yourself, it does work.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What has been sent to the landowner(s) ? please can you post your correspondence to them.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Snakes_Belly
    edited 19 April 2019 at 12:12PM
    Options
    Transport for West Midlands have contracted VCS for car parking management in all of their car parks. It appears to be on a cost neutral basis for the Transport company. The car parks do not charge and VCS make their money by claims for parking transgressions. They therefore have a vested interest in motorists not complying with their terms and conditions, At best their actions will be over zealous and at worst entrapment.

• claire07
    Options
    I am sorry The Deep found my post depressing because I didn't at present wish to counter-claim. Personally I feel it would have been more depressing if I had given in last July and paid up to these people rather than having found this site and the wealth of information on here which made me want to contest it.

I have never been to court but as it looks likely this is where it will end up I will be grateful to draw on the experience of the regulars on here.
  • Snakes_Belly
    Options
    Claire, I did notice that Network West Midlands has a Facebook page. On their FB page they are making out that they are very user friendly towards disabled people. You can get a badge.

Network West Midlands
    Remember not all disabilities are visible.
    We want everyone to have a safe and comfortable journey when travelling. Wearing the ‘Please offer me a seat’ badge will help let passengers know that you have a very good reason to sit down. ��
    Get yours here: http://socsi.in/XUN5E

This is just a platitude when they are engaging a company like VCS to harass disabled travellers. I felt like making a comment.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport