Ppi hyc

Options
HYC Help your claim does anybody know this PPI Company I have been contacted and would like to know if they are legitatmate

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They will legitimately take your money in return for posting your complaint.

If you have access to a Post Office, or even a computer, you can send it off yourself and keep all the cash.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Follow the MSE guide and do it yourself for free and keep 100% of any refund rather than paying 20% of it for a company to put a stamp on an envelope
  • Artycards
    Artycards Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Ok i had this company phone my mobile back last year a nd just thought nothing to lose id I did not have ppi so told them to ahead.
    I know i electronicly sighned a form givig them permission to look into it (vis my mobile).
    I have had a text then asking me to sign a letter of authority to go ahead and claim the ppi back, I have however never signed it.
    The bank phoned me via my mobile and checked a few details and said they would be in touch in a few weeks. Well had a cheque land on my mat this week and then a letter off my bank explaing the payout.
    I have had a text from HTC stating the bank were going to put the refund in my account but nothing since. Do I legally need to pay the (HYC) if I have not signed then letter of authority to actually go ahead and claim?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they placed the complaint for you, the bank accepted they had the authority to do so, so expect a bill
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Artycards wrote: »
    I know i electronicly sighned a form givig them permission to look into it (vis my mobile).
    I have had a text from HTC stating the bank were going to put the refund in my account but nothing since. Do I legally need to pay the (HYC) if I have not signed then letter of authority to actually go ahead and claim?
    If the Claim Company are already aware that you have received a refund, that means the Bank have accepted your electronic Authority and that you can expect a legally enforceable bill in the near future.
    Sorry, but the correct procedure should have been to cancel the Claim Company's services. You didn't and will therefore pay.

Hopefully the actual OP of this thread didn't do similar..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure