Dyson v11 absolute amazing product

Options

Comments

• coffeehound
    Options
    Useful review, thanks for posting it.

Personally I don't get the popularity of, or emphasis by Dyson on, cordless, though. Is it really such a problem to plug a vacuum cleaner into those conveniently located power sockets?

I suspect it's a ploy by Dyson to make people see it as The Way Forward because they are ahead with the motor and electronics technology to run it.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2019 at 1:32PM
    Options
    I was sceptical whether cordless would be better as I had my fingers burnt with a vax blade 32v I just thought wow the price at the time for a v8 I think was silly like it is even more for the v11

But how wrong I was its far better than corded Dysons and I have had about 3 over the years and still have one now for car.

I couldn't believe how good it was sucking up dirt ingrained in my rug even corded Dysons couldn't shift it. The cord is a issue as you always stuck to how long it is and sometime it gets in way like the stairs. I didn't realise just how much is its a issue until I got this, I thought that too like you are.

You do pay for the technology but from what I seen no other manufacturer comes close in terms of suction and the battery life is good. I clean house in a totally different way and its no longer a chore as its so easy to pick up from the charger whip round a few rooms (plenty of charge left) and back on charger

Personally I don't get the popularity of, or emphasis by Dyson on, cordless, though. Is it really such a problem to plug a vacuum cleaner into those conveniently located power sockets?

I suspect it's a ploy by Dyson to make people see it as The Way Forward because they are ahead with the motor and electronics technology to run it.
  • yorkiechick
    Options
    Another vote for the V11 here, it's brilliant!
    I had a Dyson ball previously which was great too but I wanted cordless for ease of use up and down stairs. I honestly feel this thing would suck up the dog given half the chance, it's so powerful!
    It really makes it so much easier and quicker to clean when you don't have to faff with the cord. It's even restored the pile on my living room carpet which is 50+ years old and the last remaining relic in my house left over from my Grandma.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    I'm sure it is a good machine, for that price it needs to be!
    I wonder when they are going to produce a cordless vacuum with a removeable battery though?
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gawd............
    What an appalling price for a vacuum that probably costs £50 to make in Malaysia.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

After tripping twice over a cord plugged into one of those conveniently located power sockets, as a safety feature alone battery operated vacuums are No.1 for me!

A Vax cordless is quite sufficient in my small fully carpeted home though at a third of the Dyson.
  • savemoney
    Options
    Supply and demand. Its not just the cost to make but also the R&D. They make some of the best cleaners for the price. You find premium vacuum cleaners arent cheap

You can buy cheaper ones that do a decent enough job, the Dyson has some advanced features many others dont have like better filtration, smart brush that various speed depending on floor type

You can of course say this about any product pay top price you get advanced cutting edge features, pay lower price get job done just not as good.

This cleaner actually picks up ground in dirt my 3 years old rug looks like new even old corded Dyson couldn't do that

Gawd............
    What an appalling price for a vacuum that probably costs £50 to make in Malaysia.
  • savemoney
    Options
    I had the vax blade 32v worse cleaner I have ever had, often pick up dirt when motor is off it would fall back down the suction just barely kept it in the vacuum pole, also a real ball ache to clean and minute bin. Maybe blade 2 is better but blade 1 I cant even call it a cleaner it was that bad.

LadyDee wrote: »
    After tripping twice over a cord plugged into one of those conveniently located power sockets, as a safety feature alone battery operated vacuums are No.1 for me!

A Vax cordless is quite sufficient in my small fully carpeted home though at a third of the Dyson.
  • savemoney
    Options
    Yes I agree price is steep I did get a £100 off plus staff discount make it £450 from £599. dont resent buying it though its definitely a game changer at a price

I'm sure it is a good machine, for that price it needs to be!
    I wonder when they are going to produce a cordless vacuum with a removeable battery though?
  • savemoney
    Options
    This is what I think the power is amazing even on low power definitely brought up a old rug up like new couldn't believe a old Dyson couldn't touch it nor could a good bash outside remove ground in dirt

Another vote for the V11 here, it's brilliant!
    I had a Dyson ball previously which was great too but I wanted cordless for ease of use up and down stairs. I honestly feel this thing would suck up the dog given half the chance, it's so powerful!
    It really makes it so much easier and quicker to clean when you don't have to faff with the cord. It's even restored the pile on my living room carpet which is 50+ years old and the last remaining relic in my house left over from my Grandma.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure