Removed from the electoral roll

Options
2 out of 3 CRAs have recorded that I was removed from the electoral roll in December. This is strange as I voted (by postal vote) in December, and have not requested I be removed.

How might this have happened? Should I just re register? The issue with that is that is might 'reset' the duration I've been registered for. I don't know if that's an issue or not, but it's presented as such when using the Equifax credit file service

Cheers

Comments

• Same thing has happened to me. I'm in N.I. and it has since come to light that the NI Electoral Office had problems with the volume of voters for the last election, and as such some people were not added/amended and were removed.
  • Paully28
    Paully28 Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are a few threads about this over the past few days. My record looks the same, and I would imagine that it is just a matter of the credit reference agencies have not been updated as to electoral registration yet, as opposed to being removed form the register by anyone (not that a credit reference agency can do this).
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Nobody has been removed from the ER.
    There are many threads on this subject, usually involving Equifax.
    As has been said over and over again, give the CRA's time to update with 2020 information not to mention giving the council's time to provide it
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I tonight have requested CheckmyFile to enquire and explain why Crediva are reporting myself Not on Electoral Role.
    All other cra's are reporting correctly that I am on Electoral Role.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    I tonight have requested CheckmyFile to enquire and explain why Crediva are reporting myself Not on Electoral Role.
    All other cra's are reporting correctly that I am on Electoral Role.
    Neither Crediva nor CheckmyFile are CRA's

If by 'other CRA's' you mean the 3 CRA's Experian, Eqiufax and Transunion then all CRA's are correctly reporting you as on the ER.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrboni wrote: »
    2 out of 3 CRAs have recorded that I was removed from the electoral roll in December. This is strange as I voted (by postal vote) in December, and have not requested I be removed.

How might this have happened? Should I just re register? The issue with that is that is might 'reset' the duration I've been registered for. I don't know if that's an issue or not, but it's presented as such when using the Equifax credit file service

Cheers

Have you by any chance contacted the council and checked you are still on the ER ?
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Neither Crediva nor CheckmyFile are CRA's

If by 'other CRA's' you mean the 3 CRA's Experian, Eqiufax and Transunion then all CRA's are correctly reporting you as on the ER.

Thanks I know checkmyfile aren't cra
    Maybe I didn't notice Red Cross against Crediva before today,
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just to be clear - Crediva is a credit reference agency. See their website. It's the fourth such entity in the UK. Why we need more than one is quite beyond me, but four! It's about time the government issued a single licence for UK-wide CRA services.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Let's consider this response

Crediva is currently reporting your presence on the Electoral Roll with an end date of 2019. Once this has been updated with 2020 information your presence on the Electoral Roll should show correctly on your credit report.
  • onthemend88
    Options
    I phoned my local council Monday. They are in the process of updating the CRA's. Will be done in the next few weeks.
    First Time Buyer
    AIP 18/02/2020 - Full Application 25/02/2020 - Valuation - 16/03/2020
    17/03/2020 - Mortgage Offer Issued
    23/03/2020 - LOCKDOWN

19/06/2020 - Exchange of Contracts
    07/08/2020 - Officially Homeowners
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income