Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Fabulous, well done, it may be best that you did not make the Tiramisu!

I have ate like a total oink all week, and am amazed I have lost 1 lb.

Good news on the 1 lb :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good news on the 1 lb :j

I am amazed, as I have really eaten solidly for a week...:j:j:j:j
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Lioness_Twinkletoes Posts: 1,573 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2018 at 12:10PM
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    :T:T:T well done
    I am making scotch eggs and quiche today :D

Look forward to the photos :D
    Fabulous, well done, it may be best that you did not make the Tiramisu!

I have ate like a total oink all week, and am amazed I have lost 1 lb.

Well done - just goes to show the even when you think all hope of a loss is gone our bodies can surprise us!

Breakfast this morning - homemade sausage roll, bacon medallions, tomatoes, mushrooms and poached eggs.

UzXkGhdl.jpg
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    Well done folk: beanie, Barley, esmy, p00hsticks, gts, lightbulb, Grey, Nicki, Ssm and lioness

I went to see fifty shades of grey last night with oh. Well he is at the mo but unless he sorts his drinking and gambling out I can't see it lasting much longer. I think I'm having one of them weeks as services are being cut at work so might have to start looking at jobs again which is ashame as I do enjoy working where I do.

Film wasn't bad, wasn't one I'd watch again tbh but was in the theme of the other two (to be fair I'd not read the books but did enjoy it).

Food today:

Breakfast: weetabix and apple
    Dinner: minced beef, onions, sweet peppers, spring onions and might have a sweet pepper with it.
    Tea: ham with sweet potato chips and mushy peas if I can get a tin from the corner shop
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • CattyCatX
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm counting a STS this week as I don't really trust the -0.5 pound loss the scales registered. Will see where I am next week, feel that at least it seems to be going in the right direction after my loss last week.
    Wednesday I have a meal out but venue is a surprise so can't check menu in advance. Hm, not sure I'll be able to stick to plan that night. Have been sticking rigidly to plan this last week and hopefully the coming week (except Wednesday) will be fine. Also been running again too :)

Thanks as ever to everyone here for the inspiration! And well done on all the losses as STS :j
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Some good losses again this week. Well done everyone.

Lovely day here today - really bright but very cold. It's windy and I've changed the beds this morning and everything is almost dry in less than 2 hours!

Today's SP plan:

B - bacon, egg, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes
    L - thai style butternut squash soup
    D - sausage & bacon cassoulet - 4 syns for the lot but there is enough for at least 4-6 portions so 1 syn per portion. It's got sausages, bacon, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, mixed beans, cannellini beans, tin tomatoes, all cooking in the slow cooker now! Will add some mushrooms & spinach about an hour or so before the end.

Will make some baked oats with mixed frozen fruit for pudding (HEB1)

Didn't realise it was an SP day until I was writing everything down so extra HEB today which is why I decided to do the baked oats for pudding!

HEA - milk
    HEB1 - oats
    HEB2 - not sure - maybe 3 Rye cakes or 2 crackers + hifi bar
    Syns - sausage cassoulet 1; laughing cow 1; not sure what else but will make sure I have at least 5 today
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on your losses lioness and ssm.:T

If I were you I'd try to go low syn or syn free leading up to your meal out on Wednesday catty. :) You could enjoy your Sunday and still have 45 syns saved by Wednesday, more if you are careful at the end of the week too.

We've got football again today at 4.30 p.m just so we can worship the great god Sky.:mad: Just hoping for damage limitation as it's Saints v Saints All Stars! I'm determined to have my roast this evening though so I'm cooking the meat now and will have everything else prepped before we go.

I've been eating rye bread for my HEB until I finished the last loaf in the freezer a couple of days ago. DH hasn't caught up so he's now giving me a single, small slice of wholemeal for breakfast. I'm saying nothing as it meant that last night I could enjoy a cherry Alpen with a cuppa.:)

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, half HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs
    L: JP with veggie chilli, beetroot and cottage cheese
    D: lamb with SW roasties and masses of Speed veg
    Syns: HM gravy 4? booze?
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    CattyCatX wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm counting a STS this week as I don't really trust the -0.5 pound loss the scales registered. Will see where I am next week, feel that at least it seems to be going in the right direction after my loss last week.
    Wednesday I have a meal out but venue is a surprise so can't check menu in advance. Hm, not sure I'll be able to stick to plan that night. Have been sticking rigidly to plan this last week and hopefully the coming week (except Wednesday) will be fine. Also been running again too :)

Thanks as ever to everyone here for the inspiration! And well done on all the losses as STS :j

You could have a flexiday on Wednesday or alternatively have less syns on other days and work to 105 syns for the week. Quite a few of us do the latter as prefer to have extra syns over the weekend!

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh my :D
    The scotch eggs look divine:T:T:T
    100_8216_1.jpg
    burgers made and in freezer
    100_8214_1.jpg
    quiche made
    100_8220_1.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all and well done losers!

All was going well yesterday till an incident involving gingernuts last night...never mind, back on it today

Todays menu
    B Bran flakes, berries, 0% fat greek yoghurt and honey
    L HM BNS and lentil spicy soup, small ham salad with LTL mayo, orange
    D Chicken and veg stirfry with noodles, might use a packet sauce which will be a couple of syns extra

DD made some cheese and onion pasties with wraps yesterday - had a taste and they were lovely! I haven't eaten pastry in over a year but will definitely have a go at wrap 'pies'. To anyone who makes them, what fillings do you put in them?

Bubbs your quiches always look fabulous, so much better than mine. How many eggs do you use?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure