All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi MT, hope you're doing well.
    In the course of a discussion with a friend who is battling, mostly winning, breast cancer and, ironically an oncology nurse, she mentioned Tamoxifen and anaemia being a side effect. So that might explain your tiredness some times, though clearly your Duracell Bunny tendencies are probably equally at the root!
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi triple Choc and Joey! Thank you both for your messages - they are both very much appreciated. Xx
    Triple Choc - you've really been through the mill - so happy to hear that you've come out the other end and are still sticking two fingers up to it all! Good on you girl!! Much respect xxx
    Joey - i do need to get checked for anaemia - think my bonkers job and generally being a bit of a busy sort of person that can't switch off doesn't help either ;)

A bit of a weird day at work - had to spend the day with my replacement showing him the ropes - I know him quite well from a previous school though and he's very amiable so it could have been worse.
    Managed an hour in the garden and then took the dog to his favourite park for a trot around. Going to see OH this evening- haven't seen much of him lately due to work so am looking forward to it. Just hope he can switch off.

Just done a quick tidy round and washed up, off into the shower and then over to his house.
    11 more days at work.......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    A busy end to the week - it was the year 6 transition evening on Thursday and I didn't get home until 9pm. A really long tiring day yesterday and then went to a colleague's retirement drinks last night. I wasn't looking forward to it and went out of duty really but had a great night - sometimes the ones you're not expecting to be good turn out to be the best nights out! Spent lots of time dancing with friends and drinking cocktails - felt a bit worse for wear this morning, especially as OH snored his head off all night ( he came out too) but, apart from being a bit weary, I'm fine now.
    Had a hair appointment at 9.45 so had to get up to take OH home, walk the dog and make myself presentable. Hair took 2 hours to colour and have a tiny trim but it looks loads better now - no white badger stripe down the parting ;)

On the money front - I have stuck to the spending budget this week and spent much less than I'd anticipated I would last night. OH paid for the taxi home and drinks were in a round.
    I withdrew £70 from the cashpoint last night and still have £45 in my purse, hopefully that will last until next Friday. I need to do a little bit of grocery shopping tomorrow ( not going today, the sainsburys carpark was rammed when I came out of the hairdresser, no doubt with people stocking up for the football). I have a £5 off £30 voucher so will use that, I need to shop in sainsburys this week rather than Aldi as I've run out of the special dog food and treats the woofer likes. Will try to stick to around £35 and just buy what's needed.
    My hair cost £10 less than I thought it would too, so a little saving there - it all helps. I'm still on an economy drive to try to put some more money into the holiday spending money pot - it's a good incentive to be a bit more careful.

Going to have a little sit in the garden for a hour or two then watch the football - I'm going over to OHs after it - he's best left on his own for the match, don't want to create world war 3 for being Welsh!
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 8 July 2018 at 9:19AM
    Options
    Morning all! Spent yesterday afternoon and evening with OH who went mad and cooked us a lovely dinner with a fancy starter too. He is trying these days - very busy with work but making an effort when he can.
    Woke up really early though so after a little cuddle I got up, went home to change then took the dog for a good potter round the park before it got too warm. Then dropped him off at home and went straight to the water park and did a 4.5km run - it's boiling already! Hard work but glad I've done it. This weather is playing havoc with my exercise - it's just too hot to run when I get home from work and I'm useless at going before work.

Going to pop to sainsburys in a moment and get the shopping out of the way, then I might give the back garden lawn a quick trim. The grass isn't growing but the weeds are.... The front lawn is completely dead :(
    I did the cleaning yesterday so most of the chores are out of the way. I have about 1hour of work to do but otherwise don't have any other plans - will see OH at some point.
    Right, I'm off to do the shopping....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Shopping done - spent exactly £40 but did stock up on toiletries on offer and dog food whilst there and succumbed to a new book (£4). So, from the £150 budget I've spent £90 with £60 left to last until I go on holidays.

Have also cut the grass (what's left of it anyway) and put the shopping away. And all by 11am :)

Just going to sort the washing and have a little tidy round then will do a spot of sun worshipping. I have been on the go since 6.30!
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 8 July 2018 at 8:06PM
    Options
    OH came round for the afternoon and has now gone off to play golf. We had a nice chilled couple of hours in the garden together.
    I've since walked the dog again and put another load of washing in that will dry overnight.
    I've also rewritten a job application letter for a friend, just helping out with making it fit the job advert and specification a bit better. I'll spend some time with her before the interview if she gets through, coaching her with likely questions. I think she'd be brilliant for the job but needs a bit of pointing in the right direction to show off in the best light possible.

No plans for this evening and there's absolutely nothing on the telly ..... Been listening to an audiobook today but have had enough of it for one day.
    Might watch some recorded telly but feeling a bit fidgety so might not have the patience to.....

This coming week will be my last full week in this job - we finish at Thursday lunchtime next week. I have hardly any teaching to do as many of my classes were year 11 and have now gone and there's events like sports day going on towards the end of the week. I'll have to find things to do as I hate being bored, the days drag and I'm a doing stuff sort of person.
    There is the usual SLT meeting after school tomorrow and the school play on Wednesday evening (might be brought forward due to the football) but otherwise it's a fairly light meeting week too. I do need to sort out my office (think bombs dropped and you won't be far wrong) so will start on that tomorrow.

I will try to do 2 more runs this week - even short ones in this heat after work are a challenge...I'm supposed to be doing a Pretty Mudder 5k event next Saturday with two colleagues that have both gone suspiciously quiet about it - I'd like to do it and have paid and registered but it's the sort of thing that you do with others. Hopefully, they'll perk up.
    I'm also out on Saturday evening at a dinner for one of my team that's getting married soon - he's Muslim so it's our small version of a stag do for him! He's very kindly invited us all to the wedding in August - can't wait as I've never been to a Muslim wedding reception and am really looking forward to it.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Have finally done it! Been for a morning run before work :):):)
    Was awake at 4.45am and got up at 5, took the dog for a walk then before I could change my mind went straight out for a run. It made such a difference being 15C rather than 25C! Actually felt good and I enjoyed it - I could have run further.
    Very pleased with myself.

Will probably run out of steam by lunchtime ...... ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Had a busy day - thought it would be quieter this week but was wrong! All topped off by a lovely 3 hour SLT meeting until 6pm. Then took the dog to the park for 45 mins and finally came home for tea - which was scrummy! Caesar salad and vintage cheddar quiche - really tasty!

Dad isn't so good today - it turns out that he has a urine infection but the doctors were worried for a while due to his prostate cancer but he's on antibiotics and has been sent home. I did offer to go home to Wales but have been told I'm not needed - will reassess tomorrow .

Will probably have an early night due to my early morning but feel ok so far.....
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope everything goes well with your Dad. ((hugs))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sending positive 'get well' vibes for your Dad MT.
    x
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business