Options
    Floss wrote: »
    LL congratulations granny! Xx

And so say all of us! :T
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dil had emergency c section this morning. Mum and babe are fine. Rough night. I've got a splitting headache and feel absolutely drained.

Alls well that ends well.

Congratulations, Nanny. Im pleased for you all.
  • humptydumptybits
    humptydumptybits Posts: 2,992 Forumite
    Options
    Dil had emergency c section this morning. Mum and babe are fine. Rough night. I've got a splitting headache and feel absolutely drained.

Alls well that ends well.

Worth all the worry when you can give a new born a cuddle. I hope she is feeling OK, it is a shock to the system.
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congrats on the new arrival granny LL xx
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Congratulations Gran:D

I bet "Gran" or "Nanny" or whatever your new title is sounds like the nicest one you've been awarded for some time:D
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't posted for a while, but do read most days, just wanted to say congratulations to LL, hope that it was not too traumatic for your DIL, enjoy those baby cuddles.
    MM x
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lucywillow
    lucywillow Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations LL. Hope you're feeling a bit better today and that DIL & baby Alex are doing well.:j:j:j
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Firstly, Congratulations to LL on the birth of Alex. I hope that your DIL is beginning to slowly recover from her cesarean section. Enjoy being a Granny. :D :j

Wayne and I went shopping in his local Lidl yesterday. It was a new experience for both of us, sharing a trolley and acting more like a couple. :) I only normally get a few items when I hop in my local Lidl, but as Wayne was going to be taking me home and I would not have to lug bags of shopping home, I bought some cupboard items and fresh fruit that was much cheaper in Lidl. Of copourse he insisted on paying for all of my shopping with his shopping. :)

I am so glad that the sunshine is finally at much more manageable levels today. It has been difficult especially the hot nights, but today is noticeably cooler.
  • joho
    joho Posts: 4,608 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Speaking of unusual sights I have been trying to find out the water levels of Lady Bower Reservoir, whether or not you can see the village yet. When water levels are really low you can sometimes see the old village that they flooded when they created the dam. :

I came across your post and then this article. Not exactly what you were after about Ladybower, but thought you might find it interesting:

https://qz.com/1324190/photos-a-heat-wave-in-the-uk-is-revealing-evidence-of-ancient-structures/
    If you have nothing constructive to say just move along.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure