Earthgirl's Final Battle

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend Earthie. Like Apple says, you need to feel what you feel right now. It's hard when it's been a long battle and they've survived before - my friend's dad fought for 17 years and it didn't feel real when he finally lost :(

And don't belittle your battles either - we can only cope with what we have to cope with - everyone's battles are different but all are equally valid.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend, earthie - madvix and apple (and you, actually!) are right - it takes the time it takes to grieve, in advance or after the fact :(
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your friend earthgirl :(
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thank you for all the well wishes . It means a lot as things are tough at the moment.

I've had a productive few days. I've been decluttering like mad, 3 bags to charity, 2 bin bags of trash and a medium sized pile to ebay (my least favourite job). I might get it all done this week if I push myself - but my back is suffering with a permanent pain in my right side.

Cleaning rota is up to date and actual work is up to date. I'm oragnised for students coming and the summer hols too - finish at 1pm this Friday :)

Just need to get my finger out in the garden now and get weeding. I am not finding time to post here every day, even though I am making daily lists of things to do. I think I'll post weekly lists here and comment on how I'm getting evey few days to keep me on track.

So still to do decluttering wise this week:
    Utility Room - declutter kids scrapbook boxes, banking folder and cupboard.
    My wardrobe is done - yey
    Ebay pile of things

General to do:
    - get rooms ready for students and move kids into play room
    - weed garden
    - weed veg patch
    - make a batch of humous and veg sticks for snack and plan weekend healthy food instead of just eating whatever the kids have - we could ALL have healthier weekend food!

Right off to do 15 mins weeding now.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I have been a weeding monster!

Due to back pain :( I decided to skip my workout but instead spent my early morning weeding before the kids were up, and I got it all done! And my back feels ok. Got a punnet and a half of strawberries off the patch, nothing else is ready at the moment except rhubarb.

More decluttering done as well, utility room cupboards now tidied and another bag of trash out. I'm going to try to find a couple of hours to Ebay tomorrow and that's my major declutter finished. I just need to come up with a workable plan so that I keep decluttering and getting through the drawers in the house, kids clothes etc. I definitely work better if it's a plan/goal/routine. If not I just get overwhelmed and do nothing.

Hens treated this morning and hen hutch sorted out.

Having a lovely relax in the shade in the garden with the kids now that I am not looking at weeds and work to be done..
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Great weeding skills!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Argh, lost my post.... long and short of it was - thanks hugely for the inspiration - I've been weeding today (desperately needed) and the garden has been transformed!! Thank you!! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds so good, earthie :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • earthgirl
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Thanks, and themadvix glad you have enjoyed getting the garden sorted. It's great in the garden with no weeds to look at!

Finished school today for almost 7 weeks! Work tomorrow, Sunday off as students arrive and then four weeks of teaching and excursions.

Finished at 1pm, my first afternoon off was great, bike ride, swim in a friends pool, colouring, charades and football. On the days I can "do things" with the kids I am, so that they are happy to just make up their own games when I'm working.

Yesterday had a wonderful walk on the beach after I put the kids down. I'm going to do the walk/run every other night. The spare night in between is going to alternate between gardening for 30mins and decluttering.

Progress not Perfection
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holidays even though they are busy ones :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback