TalkTalk stoop even lower!

Options
Be aware that TalkTalk are to charge a new £4 per month access fee if you have one of their YouView set top boxes from February.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TalkTalk-TV-pricing-is-changing/ta-p/2279095

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They have to pay for their no subscription fee rise promise somehow, you didn't think they'd take a profit cut surely?
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Thorganby,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy.

We've been making lots of improvements to our TV services and we have lots more planned. We needed to introduce the charge to allow us to continue with improvements. You'll receive updates on new products and services as soon as they're available.

Multi-room will be included for all of our TV subscribers if they would like to take advantage of it. There would be a one off charge for the new box and installation. You can also use our TV app or website to watch your content on the go.

There's more information on the link you've included in your post which also has a link to chat online with our support team if you need any more help or have any more questions.

Thanks
    Emma - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bjbyorkshire
    Options
    I spoke to a talk talk advisor in India yesterday and she categorically confirmed that I have cancelled the £4 charge for tv and also the £2 anonymous caller charge and she confirmed that I will still be able to access the 80 extra channels and will also still be able to access catch up tv for 7 days even though I won’t be paying the £4 charge. I just won’t be able to watch tv in multi rooms and access films.

Can a talk talk rep on here confirm that this is actually the case?

I will not be paying £48 per year for something I don’t watch.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi bjbyorkshire,

You will still be able to access FreeView channels and players. You wouldn't have access to the additional TV services offered by TalkTalk such as boosts and the TalkTalk player and it's features.

Thanks
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thorganby
    Options
    TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi Thorganby,

I'm sorry to hear you're unhappy.

We've been making lots of improvements to our TV services and we have lots more planned. We needed to introduce the charge to allow us to continue with improvements. You'll receive updates on new products and services as soon as they're available.

Multi-room will be included for all of our TV subscribers if they would like to take advantage of it. There would be a one off charge for the new box and installation. You can also use our TV app or website to watch your content on the go.

There's more information on the link you've included in your post which also has a link to chat online with our support team if you need any more help or have any more questions.

Thanks

I am not unhappy because I am not and have never been a TalkTalk customer.

My post was to warn MSE'ers about this sly charge that is being imposed, which has created many unhappy TalkTalk customers e.g.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/Cut-off-twice-today-by-talktalk-4-tv-eventually-waived/td-p/2297770

I would expect that many customers will finally see the light now and cancel after this automatically opted in stunt by TalkTalk that will probably go unnoticed by some.

Quoting another unhappy customer on your forum:
    If you have the tv entertainment boost @ £12mth with TT then a £4 increase is 33%. It's crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure