PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• suzybloo
    suzybloo Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 January 2011 at 4:16PM
    Options
    Hi folks can I join you for February please. Still to tally up january and probably went slightly over but certainly not by much. Will put £350 down for all spends in February. Wont have any cleaning stuff, coffee, loo roll etc to buy as visited Makro a couple fo weeks back. My month will start tomorrow. Good luck
    Every days a School day!
  • PennyGrabber
    Options
    Coming on to declare January at £147.25 (first time ever that I've come in under, been trying for 2 years!:T:T:T)

Now I've done it once, and know it can be done, I'm all motivated to do well in Feb. My budget of £150 (already done in red!) is achievable, plus now I've done a stock take at home, I know what I have. Eg my antibac ran out yest, so instead of going to buy another one, I had a nosey in the cleaning cupboard, and hey presto, there were 3 at the back!! Felt the need to stock take that cupboard too! Can't remember who said about the cleaning stuff, but I have kept my old squeezy container, ready to put some diluted all purpose cleaner in, so thanks! That should save me a few pennies.

I promised myself that any money saved here would go onto my mortgage. I currently overpay by £50 every month, so this coming month, it will be at least £52.75! I know that's only £2.75 extra, but every little helps as they say!

Grocery NSD today. I do need petrol, but as that's a different budget, I don't count it here.

Have a good day all!
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • Craftyscholar
    Options
    Can you put me down for £90 for Feb please?
  • Outdoorlass
    Options
    Morning all

Went shopping yesterday and spent £20 in Aldi and £26.19 in Asda which mainly consisted of a couple of cans of Lynx deodrant for OH its soo expensive, I have tried to give him Asdas own, but he says its rubbish:mad: Soo I need to look into this as £6 for two deodrants is madness IMO.

Got lots of lovely fruit and vege in Aldi and plan to get it from there in future and try and stay out of Asda as I always spend a lot more and seem to get a lot less bags.

I also have a bit of a dilemma I have a gift card for Tesco with £60 on it, it was a pressie off my MIL for Christmas and I don't know whether to use it for groceries or find something else that I need?
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Options
    Hello can we be put down for £270 please, thankyou x
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • Beki
    Beki Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya! :beer:

I'm going to have (another :o ) go this month. Can you put me down for £200 for February please? :D Thanks! xx
  • tiptoes
    tiptoes Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can I please Join in, I've tried on a number f occassions before but always end up going way over as everytime OH pops out for milk he ends up spending at least £20 :eek: but now I've started to withdraw the money from ank and place in a purse so that all purchases are made in cash.

So could you put me down for £400 for the month, this is for myself, OH ( who eats for a family of four on his own) DD , DS and one very hungry dog. This is to include all food, cleaning products and toiletries.

I hope over the next few months to halve my buget with a bit of thought and organisation.
    GC: £400/ £0
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I also have a bit of a dilemma I have a gift card for Tesco with £60 on it, it was a pressie off my MIL for Christmas and I don't know whether to use it for groceries or find something else that I need?

If you can't find something you WANT how about using the gift card to buy bulk deals and then give yourself little treats every now and then - using the money you have saved from buying in bulk

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • kookgekje
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I really need to control my budget. I recently separated and my income now needs to cover everything. January was very tight and I had to do it on £100. I managed but my storecupboards are bare so can you put me down for £125 for February please so I can replenish them.

Payday for me is the 25th so my month has already started (see signature - I'll update it soon). The budget is for myself and my 8-year old DD and covers meals and household stuff. Luckily DD gets a cooked lunch at school (paid for by her dad) so I don't have to worry about that bit.
    :cheesy::cheesy: Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality :cheesy: :cheesy:
    Clifton Fadiman
    Feb'11 - GC: £105.89/£125 - NSD: 15:j
    Mar'11 GC: £3.84/£100 - NSD: 0
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had a look at the recipe collection on the front page after yesterdays successful marmalade cake making.

Tonight is one of the sausage casseroles and also written down 2 salmon recipes as I'm bored of salmon, jacket potato and veg. Looking forward to all of these now!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills