barclay's money laundering

Options
Our local bank has just had a face lift, and with it has removed the action of being able to put her money into our daughter's account for her, with her bank card. We can't put it into the cash machine as we have to put in her pin number and we all know she can't tell us. And as we have not got a Barclay's account we now have to go into our bank, Halifax.put it in my account and they will transfer it to her account with her card.

They said this has been since Jan. but my husband has put it in a least three times for her at another branch with no bother. They said it was due to the new money laundering and they have to know who put's the money in. I know you will say for her to put in herself but can't always get to bank due to hour's she works.

So due to so called new technology it has made a simple transaction harder. Halifax cash machine's let you put it in without a pin number .So much for a better customer service, not.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't you do the transfer online from your own bank ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • elle_may
    elle_may Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I could, but she has to put her money in first. She has a saving's account with nationwide but it does not let her to transfer to her Current account. She has to draw out the cash then put into CA. Other wise she would not need us, as we have done for a number of year's.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elle_may wrote: »
    I could, but she has to put her money in first. She has a saving's account with nationwide but it does not let her to transfer to her Current account. She has to draw out the cash then put into CA. Other wise she would not need us, as we have done for a number of year's.

So the problem actually stems from the restriction at Nationwide!

Is her C/A at Barclays? If so why not get her to open a C/A at Nationwide which she will presumably be able to transfer to (and then transfer from there to Barclays if she wants to keep the Barclays account).
  • elle_may
    Options
    She doesn't want or need another C/A for a simple transaction a few times a year. What happens when other people need to do this when they can't get to bank or internet access. As said a simple transaction that has been turned into a faff because of Goverment rules.
  • Robin9
    edited 18 June 2018 at 5:32PM
    Options
    She may not need another c/a for this transaction but she will be very grateful for a 2nd account when her bank decides to freeze her account when it suspects money laundering.

Time for your daughter to rationalise her savings / bank accounts.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    elle_may wrote: »
    Our local bank has just had a face lift, and with it has removed the action of being able to put her money into our daughter's account for her, with her bank card. We can't put it into the cash machine as we have to put in her pin number and we all know she can't tell us. And as we have not got a Barclay's account we now have to go into our bank, Halifax.put it in my account and they will transfer it to her account with her card.

You need to be clearer about who is doing what, who is the 'her' first referred to, and is it the same person as other references to 'her'?
  • Tallaght
    Tallaght Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Now a lot of banks ask you to use a card reader to deposit money into someones account.I had one from the Nat West and they are very easy to use.They take 3-4 days for delivery.
  • elle_may
    Options
    agrinnall wrote: »
    You need to be clearer about who is doing what, who is the 'her' first referred to, and is it the same person as other references to 'her'?

Daughter taking money out of savings account to pay some bill's why is she being penalized for not using bank's tec when she simply wanted to put money into her Barclay's C/A as she has done for year's. There were a few people who were olso being told this who had no idea Barclay's were doing this and it was down to new money laundering rules that they were now putting in place. Halifax has not done this but they said Natwest was another.
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    She may not want a nationwide current account - but she does *need* one, to make this process easy and painless. Then it would be all done online, without anyone going to any branch premises.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • Robin9
    Options
    Your daughter may be shooting herself in the foot by maintaining what sounds like an archaic Nationwide Savings a/c - poor facilities and dreadful interest rates, some 0.1%

As I said in post #6 - time for you daughter to rationalise her bank accounts. Start by looking at the MSE guides. One Nationwide option - Flex Plus which enables a 5% savings account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport