PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Which cordless Vac?

Options

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,178 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We are really pleased with our Gtech, so much so we bought a lawnmower and strimmer too.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Suffolksue
    Suffolksue Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Love our Gtech ,also got lawnmower
    Their after sales service is superb
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The one thing that puts me off the Gtech is that the hand held is seperate which the shark its part of the body of the machine and can just be lifted off with all the tools on board.

£600 is a step too far for me, once I have decided will try and see if I can get a discount via quidco.
  • 8ofspades
    8ofspades Posts: 141 Forumite
    Options
    I have the Shark cordless one too - I don't have much comparison to other cordless hoovers but in terms of cleaning power, it beat our Henry. Had it over a year now and it was a game changer for me, who loathed getting out the machine and getting the cord twisted around everything. House is always spotless now :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    8ofspades wrote: »
    I have the Shark cordless one too - I don't have much comparison to other cordless hoovers but in terms of cleaning power, it beat our Henry. Had it over a year now and it was a game changer for me, who loathed getting out the machine and getting the cord twisted around everything. House is always spotless now :)

Which model do you have please?
  • 8ofspades
    Options
    Which model do you have please?

The same as above, the IF200UK :)
  • Getmeouttadebt
    Options
    Do you find it heavy?
  • 8ofspades
    Options
    I have mixed opinions on the heaviness - it is pretty powerful which is surprising at first as it pulls itself along when attached to the main part (not the attachments).
    I wouldn't say it's the lightest, but it's not unmanageable - you get used to it, I don't think it would hurt you or be unmanageable for someone less able, it's just different to the Henry I had before where the nozzle bit you moved around was very light but then you had to drag the main unit - if that makes sense?
    I'm 8 months pregnant at the moment and struggling with a lot of physical activity, but hoovering with the Shark remains OK.
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you find it heavy?

I can easily pick it up and carry it with one hand, no problem at all carrying it up stairs.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Getmeouttadebt
    Options
    Currys have an offer of if200 for £249 with extra battery. Argos same price without extra battery. I'm so tempted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure