Pip Review timescales

Options
Just had a quick question to put my mind at ease
Have submitted an AR1 review form for my pip back in October which was received on 26th Oct but still no update.
I have spoke to pip section few times over the course but still sat to be checked by decision maker if it needs to be forwarded to IAS or not.
I have been on pip for 2 years but prior dla for 7 years for depression anxiety panic attacks agoraphobia and suicidal attempts and have always had paper based assessments.

Would like to hear from peoples experiences who may have submitted recently for their reviews and their feedbacks timescales etc etc...

I'm currently so stressed and just want it over with
There has been no change in my circumstances but I think I've read to much horror stories about people's reviews that I've become a wreck

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sayj wrote: »
    Just had a quick question to put my mind at ease
    Have submitted an AR1 review form for my pip back in October which was received on 26th Oct but still no update.
    I have spoke to pip section few times over the course but still sat to be checked by decision maker if it needs to be forwarded to IAS or not.
    I have been on pip for 2 years but prior dla for 7 years for depression anxiety panic attacks agoraphobia and suicidal attempts and have always had paper based assessments.

Would like to hear from peoples experiences who may have submitted recently for their reviews and their feedbacks timescales etc etc...

I'm currently so stressed and just want it over with
    There has been no change in my circumstances but I think I've read to much horror stories about people's reviews that I've become a wreck
    All forms/evidence are forwarded to the health assessment providers. DWP don't decide whether to forward them or not.

Whether you have a paper based assessment or a face to face a report still needs to be written and DWP don't do this.

As you only returned the form at the end of Oct that's not long at all. You have to take into consideration the Christmas/New Year closing days too.

There's no time scales for reviews or decisions. It depends on backlog in your area. I returned my daughters form a week after you but haven't heard anything about that yet either.

As it's a review your money will continue until a decision's been made. Hopefully not too long.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was told there's a 19 week delay for me when I phoned them so either sit tight or phone for an estimate.
  • Sayj
    Sayj Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really didn't know that it goes to the medical agency regardless as I've read in the guidelines with reviews it is first looked at by a DM to try make a decision themselves first and to also save costs and time

When I last spoke to someone was advised timescales are average 12 weeks but if it is still sat there on a DM desk I pretty much doubt there was any truth in what i was told by the agent
  • Sayj
    Options
    @_shel 19 week delay really?? What area are you from if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm from West Yorkshire and when I spoke to them in November I was told 5 week delay approx but that I would hear something by first week of January but nothing
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @_shel 19 week delay really?? What area are you from if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm from West Yorkshire and when I spoke to them in November I was told 5 week delay approx but that I would hear something by first week of January but nothing

Liverpool. It's been 11 weeks already and she said 19 more last week.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Really didn't know that it goes to the medical agency regardless as I've read in the guidelines with reviews it is first looked at by a DM to try make a decision themselves first and to also save costs and time
    The health assessment advisory always write the report, so it has to be sent to them. The decision make relies heavily on that and usually goes with the recommendations in there.
  • Sayj
    Options
    **** Update ****
    Received a text message from the DWP advising a paper based assesment has been complete and that I should hear back with a decision within 6 weeks from this text.

The file was sent across to IAS last week on Friday and the paper based review taken place yesterday

Anyone know what the report is called so I can request a copy
  • poppy12345
    Options
    **** Update ****
    Received a text message from the DWP advising a paper based assesment has been complete and that I should hear back with a decision within 6 weeks from this text.

The file was sent across to IAS last week on Friday and the paper based review taken place yesterday

Anyone know what the report is called so I can request a copy
    Just ask for a copy of the assessment report, they'll know what your talking about. If you live in the UK they'll send it once they receive it back. Otherwise you'll have to wait until a decision's been made.
  • Sayj
    Options
    I have received the copy of the PA3 form which looks like my award is going to stay the same as far as it goes enhanced care and standard mobility ... but the aspect I dont agree with is the mobility component section 11 planning journey. I have scored on E but feel it should be F.. the HP even contradicts themselves as they agree the evidence from mental health team shows the risks associated outside and the help I need but then refers to gp letter saying it states I suffer psychological distress so dont go out which in fact it doesnt. My gp letter says I suffers from distress in social circumstances so have telephone consultations as I can't bare to sit in a surgery full of people so go early morning when there are less.

My question is do I wait for the decision to happen and then ask for a MR or do I get to put any input beforehand so the DM doesnt go just by HP report but also looks at the evidence fully.

I cant imagine giving any additional evidence as the evidence that has been given is clear and consistent and if I request it from GP it would be similar again as it's all fact.

Would appreciate input
    Many thanks in advance and sorry for the long essay
  • poppy12345
    Options
    I don't think you should have scored points in the descriptor because you do go out. This descriptor applies to those that can't go out at all. (night time isn't included with this)

For descriptor f ... can not follow the route of a familiar journey without another person..... when you go to see your GP do you go alone or does someone go with you?

I'm a little confused by what you said. My gp letter says I suffers from distress in social circumstances so have telephone consultations as I can't bare to sit in a surgery full of people so go early morning when there are less. Do you have telephone consultations or go early morning?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure